sharetrader
Page 62 of 324 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

I suppose you don't work for their marketing team? Maybe you should apply ...
    LOL I suspect the Company would want full commitment from it's employees with skills far sharper than I have to offer! Besides I wouldn't have time to manage and enjoy my passive income and go tramping when the whim takes me !!

Still - I missed out for a long term in FPH gains, simply because I always thought it is too dear ... and than it went further up. I bought in during the BREXIT dip and believe that while FPH is probably not the best short term deal, it will be a good long term investment.
    I've enjoyed the ride over the last 7 odd years particularly recently and agree with you re long term... still will be watching management and product performance as we go along.

DYOR;
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by malus; 26-08-2016 at 10:01 AM.

I can see why price has recently dropped but my gut says the patent case's uncertainty has been overstated in the price.
    I agree OTL, cost likely be be spread over time, possible out court settlement?? FPH initiated the action... being an owner of the Company (albeit minor) I see this as likely part of normal future business given they have 1400 various patents registered in a competitive international market.
    Last edited by malus; 26-08-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by malus View Post
    Good on you... at yesterdays price and FY17 projected earnings by my calculation gives you a 3% annual return with the promise of Company earnings growth to come... whatever that might be, let say 20% year on year, by FY19 your annual return would be around 4.4% based on yesterdays price.

As to capital value of your investment... that will depend on how Mr Market feels about the Company prospects as it reveals its activities leading onto FY19. Mr Market has been pretty bullish with recent PE based on current earnings touching 40.

It's not yet a buy for me, but if Mr Market wants to temp me with price under $9.00 I'd look at it for sure!
    Under 9 !!! makes my 9.5 offer feel bad!

Quote Originally Posted by jim9358 View Post
    Under 9 !!! makes my 9.5 offer feel bad!
    Sorry... that's just me... if it makes you feel better I did reinvest my recent dividend.

Maybe FPH has had a good run and is due for a good pull back. If the share price goes below $9, it would technically look pretty bad breaking 200 day average which hasn't been broken in ages. It would signify a downtrend is in place which could bring in to play lower prices but not necessarily a good buying opportunity.

For a company that could do no wrong for such a long time, maybe a bit of doubt is beginning to set in. Can they continue to grow above 15-20% each year? When PE is 37, it demands there is going to continued growth and if at any stage FPH stalls or stutters, share price would drop suddenly. We are not there but perhaps FPH has peaked for the time being... we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by malus View Post
    Sorry... that's just me... if it makes you feel better I did reinvest my recent dividend.
    LOL changed to 9 ! ....but keeping close watch as now 10th-day downward steps !

Nice volume and nice upwards trend this morning. Already up to 975 (and flirting with 979) ... and more than 240k (shares - i.e. well above $2m dollars) through in the first 10 minutes of trading. I guess this was again one of these "buy the dips"

Discl: I did ... accumulated yesterday some more
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Nice volume and nice upwards trend this morning. Already up to 975 (and flirting with 979) ... and more than 240k (shares - i.e. well above $2m dollars) through in the first 10 minutes of trading. I guess this was again one of these "buy the dips"

Discl: I did ... accumulated yesterday some more
    Yes BP looks like I'll be waiting a while for $9... patience is virtue!

IMO

Came very close to breaching 180DMA. Doesn't look good to my basic T/A eye.Watching closely.
    Craigs say"don't lose sleep over guidance downgrade" "adverse currency movements"..."new products a platform for of growth".....FY18 may be impacted by lawsuits....T/P unchanged @$11.20 mmmmh.

Default Tony Carter in Christchurch: Tuesday, 11. October, 7.30 pm, RSA Building

If you happen to be that day in Christchurch and want to hear more from Tony Carter (FPH - board chair, next to many other roles) - here is your opportunity:

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post639524
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)