sharetrader
Page 65 of 324 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    IMO the FPH SP will be very sensitive to any proclamations that Trump makes regarding tariffs and the trade relationship with Mexico in general.

We are still many months away from any actual changes being made and even then, the senate and congress will most likely force a moderation of Trump's policies.

Despite FPH being one of my longest held stocks, I'm selling down.
    Yes BUT FPH labor costs just got a whole lot cheaper with Peso devaluation

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Yes BUT FPH labor costs just got a whole lot cheaper with Peso devaluation
    My concern is that the advantages derived from devaluation of the peso could be quickly negated through the imposition of tariffs. Trump needs manufacturing to be a success in the US in order to compensate for the proposed massive reduction in the corporate tax rate (35% to 15%), and increased infrastructure and military investment. Large tariffs will be an easy sell to the electorate, given the current divisive political environment, and the potentially negative changes to NAFTA.

We won't know the details of this until after his inauguration, however I remain concerned given how strategic the North American market is for FPH.

Positive result, shares go up. Trump knocks TPP, shares go down.

Bad time to be building a $15m building in Mexico.

Still, there's enough cushion in the profit margins for a disaster, provided that FPH respond correctly.

Scott for SP to drop really low here, which could be a good buy if there's recovery ability ahead.

Like the low gearing, at least. Didn't like the lack of information around court costs. Cba to compare this year's cost increase relative to profit increase, with previous years to see if there are big abnormalities. Think I'll just made the bad call and ride it all out until it comes back up in 2-5 years time.

Good result but still a bit uncertain how trump is going to deal with Mexico and what that could affect its operation in Mexico. Good buying opportunities imo. Personally i think it will be just like brexit and trump victory, shares bounced back once they are out of the way

Guru

Possible Mexico tariffs a concern for F&P Healthcare

Paywall NBR article... what I've said on another thread a few weeks back... May not be so cheap with tariffs and any other anti-competitive things Trump wants to do regarding Mexican made goods

the MD of FPH comment on the mexico traffis issue and don't really think it will impact that much atm, and they just might have to ship from NZ to USA and ship from Mexico to other places

Nice lady analyst at Forbar reckoned the other day the recent SP correction was unwarranted, (SP was $9 at the time). The Stock is getting absolutely drilled and from a technical perspective the chart looks terrible.
    She obviously isn't one to believe in technical analysis. Trump a loose cannon, who's to say anything manufactured in Mexico isn't slapped with a large tariff no matter what its subsequent freight routing including interposing another country like N.Z. in the freight route ? Classic case of shoot first with the sell button and ask questions later and why not !
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-11-2016 at 12:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Downgrade to hold from Craigs.Strong result but litigation and injunction risks with RMD should FPH lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Downgrade to hold from Craigs.
    Downgrade to hold! So they have been recommending it as a buy the last couple of months? Is probably getting into territory where its worth watching again IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Downgrade to hold! So they have been recommending it as a buy the last couple of months? Is probably getting into territory where its worth watching again IMHO.
    Morningstar, for what its worth, upgraded today to accumulate with a price target of $10.

I reckon it could go to easily go into the $6 to $7 range first though, investors are still abandoning and dumping high div yield stocks, technical's just look terrible at the mo, and there seems to be a Trump sentiment overhang for FPH for now, short lived though that one in my view.