sharetrader
Page 9 of 324 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

FPH is being smashed by the appreciating NZD. Looking at the warrant volumes going through today some holders are exercising their stop loses.

I bought in the crises and sold out as soon as the Fed reduced rates.

I am a FPH fan for sure. But common sense tells me that the time to buy back in is when the NZD next heads south.
    Toddy

Advanced Member

How is the stunning uptrend progressing ?

then where is the bottom for fph...sure is in a downtrend but cant have to much further to go

Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    common sense tells me that the time to buy back in is when the NZD next heads south.
    Short term view - it could be tomorrow if arco and friends on the forex thread have called this correctly.

Though being a "value" type, I'm not even looking till it's stubbed a toe on $3.

What do the FA/Forex people think of the situation thus far? I'm not terrible clued up about how currency markets work - could someone tell me which one of these scenarios is more likely to happen?

1. Dow Jones continues to tetter, the Central Bank cuts rates and the carry trade takes off again as it is even more attractive now..

2. Dow Jones continues to tetter, causing a reduction in risk aversion, which leads to a strengthening dollar.

Thanks for enlightening me.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Advanced Member

Default FPH Chart Update

Since giving a trendline break Buy signal back in July, FPH has more or less tracked sideways - a reminder that the end of a downtrend does not necessarily mean the beginning of an uptrend. I would think that most people buying at that point would have been looking to establish a longterm position with this stock and would still be holding (unlike faithless traders - despicable low-life scum that would have exited at the break of the uptrend trendline, red arrow).

Having made a Low at point 1, a High at point 2 and a Higher Low at point 3, it's now "wait and see" time with FPH. A break above point 2 (a higher High) would be confirmation of the 3 month uptrend, while a break below the $3.20 support (point 1) would be a continuation of the 12 month downtrend.

At times like this it is often possible to make an educated guess as to the likely direction of the breakout by reference to other indicators. In this case, though, there is no clear consensus. The QStick, while rising, is still in negative territory (on average, there are more Down days than Up days). Similarly, the Slow Stochastic oscillator, while rising, is still less than 50% (the average Close is nearer the days low than the days high). The recent trend of these indicators would perhaps be grounds for some degree of optimism if it were not for the fact that the On Balance Volume is lower now than when the Buy signal was triggered. The Up days are on no higher volume than the Down days. FPH will not go anywhere much unless/until buyers with a little more conviction (and money) emerge.

In my opinion, at this point FPH is a Hold.

I have bought my second (of three) lots of FPH today.

Cant see to much more downside from here.......will give it another month before I look to step in again.

I think I am seeing a turning point on this stock.

- 10 day RSI crossing over the halfway line
    - OBV crossing over the 15 day EMA. (This is robust - applying a 55 day EMA also produced the same signal)
    - 5/10/15 day price EMAs have crossed over and are in the correct order.

I might put down a CFD order on Tuesday with a guaranteed stop loss at 310 in case the support crumbles.

Last edited by AMR; 19-11-2007 at 10:26 PM.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Guru

Thanks XX nice info
    This has been a major disappointment stock for me, it looked real good back in early August when it broke its 6month downtrend and I bought in on the buy signals..in hindsight this was shortlived.

With that non event, one has to question whether these buy signals are the real deal or is it another fizzer.

I'm very cautious (and pessimistic) at the moment and won't be buying anything until this recent correction which is still in progress ends.

The overseas markets had another ****ty day (the Dow is very close to it's tipping point between Bull/Bear), so today I assume it will not be a good day on the NZX.

Strangely in the past few months I have observed that FPH holds up well on bad days, as our dollars falls in tandem with the dropping market.

......but in saying all this...... if the FPH share shoots up past the $3.40 mark within the next few days it could be a different ball game..with more buy signals added I then would be tempted to accumulate more.
    Best of luck guys,
    Hoop

Guru

My todays quote: ...Strangely in the past few months I have observed that FPH holds up well on bad days, as our dollars falls in tandem with the dropping market.
    Well the market has dropped NZ$ not much but the FPH share has dropped big time down 9c (2.7%) to its 27 month resistence level of 320c.
    Well this is another one of my shares today thats testing my sell trigger. Already sold a couple. What a day!!!...my sell signals going off all over my share portfolio...