sharetrader
Page 99 of 324 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    Nice AGM today with minimal questions from the forum ... also the food spread was top-notch compared to other AGMs i've been to ... signs that the company is doing well =)
    Should they ever serve up crayfish,,,,,,sell.

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    Nice AGM today with minimal questions from the forum ... also the food spread was top-notch compared to other AGMs i've been to ... signs that the company is doing well =)
    The best catering I ever got at an AGM was from a company (TTK) which lost in one year more than 50% of its value. Not saying this will happen with FPH, but I really would not take good catering as a positive indicator!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

OK, I know there's a lot of bullishness around at the moment and that FPH has recently announced a (small) upgrade to the FY19 expectations. But even with that taken into account, there is now a forward PE of 44 on this share.
    Am I missing something really obvious?

A great company...but really?

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    OK, I know there's a lot of bullishness around at the moment and that FPH has recently announced a (small) upgrade to the FY19 expectations. But even with that taken into account, there is now a forward PE of 44 on this share.

PEs don’t matter for companies like FPH .....the world is buying quality growth at any cost

That’s what you have missed
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Seems like a crazy price atm, I am almost tempted to sell some but when I have done that in the past it just keeps on going up and up

Advanced Member

I wondered if recent surge was due to do with Trump's new free trade deal with Mexico where a lot of FPH components manufactured.

Guru

Potential positives market may be factoring in
    - neonatal breathing unit launched (huge market?),overwhelming positive feedback
    - exchange rate weakening
    -Mexico trade deal
    -positive outcome to litigation?
    -interest rates lower for longer?
    As winner notes everyone is still chasing quality growth,why not as this one is sustainable.It may be expensive now but with forward growth projections,what is it worth?
    Last edited by kiora; 30-08-2018 at 11:14 AM.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Potential positives market may be factoring in
    - neonatal breathing unit launched (huge market?),overwhelming positive feedback
    - exchange rate weakening
    -Mexico trade deal
    -positive outcome to litigation?
    -interest rates lower for longer?
    As winner notes everyone is still chasing quality growth,why not as this one is sustainable.It may be expensive now but with forward growth projections,what is it worth?
    Indeed all good points (and I do hold, and have done for some time). Suspect the market must be factoring in additional growth well beyond what has already been disclosed however...

percy

The expensive litigation FPH and RMD set to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    PEs don’t matter for companies like FPH .....the world is buying quality growth at any cost

That’s what you have missed
    That's true at the minute but what happens if reality bites ?
    Quite right Percy, very expensive http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/b...llegationshtml
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-09-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine