sharetrader
Page 85 of 324 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast

Share price action might be because FPH is a increasing % of the nzx10 and nzx50 and as such index tracking funds need to keep buying more ....and then more etc

Just a thought
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Yes and the current exchange rate weakness. Could be good time to sell and buy back on a possible dip but last time i tried this i only actioned the first part and the s/p kept going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Am 430% plus up on this stock. As long as the world keeps getting fatter FPH will keep going up (unfortunately).
    I started this thread back in August 2011 and the share price was aroud $2+.I wasn't sure because the share price was going down and down. I have been following and buying the shares since 2004,
    bought 2000 shares at $3.02 in 2004,
    bought 1500 shares at $3.34 in 2007
    bought 1500 shares at $2.73 in 2008
    bought 1500 shares at $2.46 in 2011
    bought 2000 shares at $2.18 in 2011
    bought 2100 shares at $2.10 in 2012
    bought 3000 shares at $1.93 in 2012
    sold 2000 at $3 42 in 2013
    sold 2000 at $5.22 in 2014
    Might be time to sell some to take the top off again lol

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    It really works,but you must put them in her name.!
    Then the question comes;"why to I get such a small divie from FPH, when I get such a good one from HBL, with the same amount of capital in each."?
    As much as we all love dividends... no dividend can compete with a yearly 30-40% capital appreciation.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    As much as we all love dividends... no dividend can compete with a yearly 30-40% capital appreciation.
    So still great buying while the PE is under 50.?
    Maybe a bit over valued with a PE over 70?
    Or who cares about a PE.?

Not sure a TTM earnings ratio is going to capture what goes into valuing FPH.

Not to say it is not "expensive" relative to the market, but the market is not comprised of just the tier 1 lovables like FPH/ATM/RBD/SML...

Forward PE36-38 for FPH, not a buyer at these prices, but I am certain the premium will remain until the business stops performing.

Membaa

You have consistently made it clear that PE is an important part of valuing your preferential shares. It's surprising that you would make such a glib statement about "who cares about a PE", which one might therefore construe as a contrary opinion as to the value of the company.

Cryptic comments are generally just confusing and unhelpful, while at the time it might seem obvious, clear and insightful for those in the know. It is in fact imo just an obfuscating noisy interjection that when one chooses to look into the details, hopefully one has the wherewithall to realise it was a thinly veiled joke, or a confusing message to the ill-informed or unknowing.

Sadly few have that ability, so a guru should be imo more careful about the intonation and inference that they confer when making posts on anonymous share trading forums.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Exactly, So long as you drop them when the trend changes to the inevitable down,the same people who go on about divvies are usually the same people saying what a wonderful yield they are getting on the way back down.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    You have consistently made it clear that PE is an important part of valuing your preferential shares. It's surprising that you would make such a glib statement about "who cares about a PE", which one might therefore construe as a contrary opinion as to the value of the company.

Cryptic comments are generally just confusing and unhelpful, while at the time it might seem obvious, clear and insightful for those in the know. It is in fact imo just an obfuscating noisy interjection that when one chooses to look into the details, hopefully one has the wherewithall to realise it was a thinly veiled joke, or a confusing message to the ill-informed or unknowing.

Sadly few have that ability, so a guru should be imo more careful about the intonation and inference that they confer when making posts on anonymous share trading forums.
    Yes I take PE into account when looking at stocks.
    I try to buy stocks where the eps growth rate is higher than the PE.
    So from www.4-traders.com
    ................2017.........2018.......2019...... ....2020.
    eps.............29.5..........32.9.......38.4..... .....45.5.
    eps growth rate....11.5%.......16.7%........17.9%...........a verage...15.36.
    Therefore I would think a PE of 20 would be high enough to pay.....or just under $6.00.
    Paying a pe of 44.53 does not work for me.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Exactly, So long as you drop them when the trend changes to the inevitable down,the same people who go on about divvies are usually the same people saying what a wonderful yield they are getting on the way back down.
    Share prices follow earnings.
    Increasing earnings per share, means companies have the capacity to increase dividends,which again drives the share price.
    FPH 1.46% yield does not attract me.