sharetrader
Page 96 of 323 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    Comparing FPH to crypto-currency was perhaps a little unfair BP
    Sometimes it helps to read a statement in context; This is what I wrote:

Look - I guess what you probably want to say is that market hype is able to override any sensible value proposition (and it is, just look at the "crypto market" - no underlying value, high price).

And just to make myself clear: I think FPH is a great company ... just a bit overpriced - and yes, this can still stay that way for some time (or not).
    I did use the crypto market as one example where the price is (driven by hype) above the underlying value of a security. I did not say that FPH is comparable with crypto currencies.

Of course - FPH does have significant underlying value (just lower than the current SP) and they are a great company, while cryto-currencies in my view have no or little underlying value. I never stated anything different;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

hey JT. no I am an investor, rather than a trader.
    intent is always to hold long term. just preserving capital on below-par results.
    might be months before I get back in - who knows!

looks like there might be some info on this thread which might be helpful-
    https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...spective/page3

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    Just ‘taken the money and run’ this week, but will be buying-back if/when the price retreats back to my FVE
    Nice strategy Filthy. I did the same with EBO a few years back (Aug '15). I sold at $11.62 'cos they were getting overvalued and due for a correction .

The correction should be soon... right?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Nice strategy Filthy. I did the same with EBO a few years back (Aug '15). I sold at $11.62 'cos they were getting overvalued and due for a correction .

Ahhhh....nice, it wasn't just me. I sold at 13.53.....managed to buy them back at 13.54 three months later. Pleased I did...although I did lighten up a bit at 17.80 late last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

yes, the most likely scenario is that the SP will probably rocket now lol, but oh well
    we cant get 'em right all the time. lots of fun in trying to take an educated guess though eh!
    plenty of other options to allocate the capital too
    I hope you made it back into EBO eventually

IMO

Sheesh are we there yet$15 here we come a new high and another hex from me

The Kid

Almost - $14.94, changed my $15 sell order, waiting to see how far this goes

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post
    Almost - $14.94, changed my $15 sell order, waiting to see how far this goes
    At this price the DRP isn't going to get me many new shares!

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

"http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...r-13-june-2018

Brokers at Forsyth Barr suggest selling ATM, FPH and MFT & taking profits on the record breaking local market."

That's fantastic. As a holder of all 3, and given the significant increases since this interview, I would like ForBar to make a 'sell' recommendation across the rest of my portfolio as well....
    I reckon that makes them nearly as successful as Morningstar - ie, whatever they say do the exact opposite...

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    "http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...r-13-june-2018

Brokers at Forsyth Barr suggest selling ATM, FPH and MFT & taking profits on the record breaking local market."

That's fantastic. As a holder of all 3, and given the significant increases since this interview, I would like ForBar to make a 'sell' recommendation across the rest of my portfolio as well....
    I reckon that makes them nearly as successful as Morningstar - ie, whatever they say do the exact opposite...
    Well, lets face it - FPH looks expensive and MFT at least fully priced. ATM is a different story - hard to assess given that nobody knows the future growth rates.

Wouldn't judge these guys too hard ... they can only assess what they think (right or wrong) is the underlying value of a company. Nobody can predict where the market will drive the price ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)