Guru

Litigation going OK.SP up 37% for the yr
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11910204

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Litigation going OK.SP up 37% for the yr
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11910204
    Am I having a brain freeze, or does this make absolutely no sense:

"
    In May, the medical devices maker said it expected operating revenue to be about $1 billion and net profit in a range of $180 million-to-$190m, based on the New Zealand dollar trading at 69 US cents. However, while trading has been in-line with expectations for the first five months of the financial year, the kiwi has been firmer than forecast.

Assuming an exchange rate of approximately 72.5 US cents for the remainder of the year, F&P Healthcare expects operating revenue to approach $1b and net profit to be "in the range" of approximately $180m to $190m dollars, chief executive Lewis Gradon said in speech notes published ahead of the annual general meeting.
    "

Guru

U've got it figured WSL.Obviously ? NP better than expected?.Some of ER will be hedged.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    Am I having a brain freeze, or does this make absolutely no sense:

"
    In May, the medical devices maker said it expected operating revenue to be about $1 billion and net profit in a range of $180 million-to-$190m, based on the New Zealand dollar trading at 69 US cents. However, while trading has been in-line with expectations for the first five months of the financial year, the kiwi has been firmer than forecast.

Assuming an exchange rate of approximately 72.5 US cents for the remainder of the year, F&P Healthcare expects operating revenue to approach $1b and net profit to be "in the range" of approximately $180m to $190m dollars, chief executive Lewis Gradon said in speech notes published ahead of the annual general meeting.
    "
    I think he wants to say that previously they expected revenue of more than $1b (remember, they normally exceed expectations) and now they only expect to come close to $1b. 4-traders turned their May forecast into $1016m ... and are probably now going back to something like $960m ... $980m (just my uninformed guess).

I think other companies wouldn't have bothered with a downgrade ... but FPH prefers to exceed expectations - i.e. their revenue still might come out at or above the 9 Naughties ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I think he wants to say that previously they expected revenue of more than $1b (remember, they normally exceed expectations) and now they only expect to come close to $1b. 4-traders turned their May forecast into $1016m ... and are probably now going back to something like $960m ... $980m (just my uninformed guess).

I think other companies wouldn't have bothered with a downgrade ... but FPH prefers to exceed expectations - i.e. their revenue still might come out at or above the 9 Naughties ...
    That's how I took it too, but it certainly could have been phrased a little more clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    That's how I took it too, but it certainly could have been phrased a little more clearly.
    True. But then - if that's his worst habit ... I am not too worried about the company
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Veteran novice

My interpretation is:
    Despite a stronger NZD we still expect NPAT to come in between $180-$190m. A lower NZD would have resulted in a better than previously forecast number.
    Or am I wrong?

Guru

That's my take on it as well McD

Guru

Someone likes their ventilators

percy

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Someone likes their ventilators
    Must be love, as they are now paying 41.76 times earnings for their shares,and only receiving a 1.56% dividend yield.??