sharetrader
Page 122 of 324 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 3235

Wasn't brave enough to take the plunge at around $25 - would have been a nice earner even on my very modest probable purchase -how higher can it go, which more than 1 of us has been saying since about $10 or so

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    whoever bought instead of sold (I though it was in the Direct Broking thread) yesterday wont be complaining today!
    It was me whom I thought made a mistake by putting in a contract to buy instead of a sell of 2000 FPH at $30. Well the mistake is well worth, I sold it today and made a tidy profit.

I’m sure FPH will benefit from the current situation but if you think it’s to the same level as a biotech involved in this space you are dreaming

Hospitals aren’t going to be stockpiling their products specifically

Advanced Member

Great company and great products and many more to come, but the PE ratio is way too high for the growth it is hoping to achieve. I would rather go 100% in ATM than in FPH. Still this company is a great company, but I would not be buying unless it was lower than $18 per share. Just my opinion and I have been wrong so far as everyone is buying their boots full
    Last edited by Ggcc; 01-04-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    "WHAT HAPPENS IN ICU?

"In ICU, various treatments can support these more serious breathing problems. This includes high-flow humidified oxygen, delivered via a nasal mask.

The oxygen is warmed and its humidity artificially increased so as to avoid uncomfortable dryness. It is gently pumped into the lungs at a comfortable rate that still allows the patient to speak and eat"
    ".An analysis of adult Covid-19 patients treated at two Wuhan hospitals found that 50 of the 191 cases studied required ICU treatment.Of these 50 ICU patients, 41 received high-flow humidified oxygen, 33 were intubated, and 3 received extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.

Only 8 of the 41 patients treated with high-flow oxygen survived, and just one of the intubated patients"

So around 20 %of patients in hospital needed FPH unit?
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...lasting-damage
    Note that FPH units are also used in non-ICU settings as well (i.e. to avoid deteriorating further, or in recovery), and for both nasal high flow as well as intubated patients. And yes, there are other competitors products. So it is hard to estimate the % of patients on FPH units.

nm ...................
    Last edited by Cadalac123; 31-03-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Default So many ventilators!

When the dust settles, and the hospitals revert to business as usual, there are going to be so many ventilators sloshing around that I wonder if FPH will be able to sell any for the next 10 years or so.

I assume that the ventilators being produced by unconventional suppliers (Ford, GM, Dyson, etc.) will be basic models - so FPH's models may well be better and still have a niche market.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Onion; 03-04-2020 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Title

The Kid

Agree. I think many countries have been caught on the hop and will decide (& rightly so) that the production of medical equipment (ventilators, masks etc,) is in the national interest and will start making their own.

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post
    Agree. I think many countries have been caught on the hop and will decide (& rightly so) that the production of medical equipment (ventilators, masks etc,) is in the national interest and will start making their own.
    I think this could be true. However, in terms of not able to sell in the future because there is an excess, that is less of a concern. FPH makes humidifers not ventilators and the main revenues come from consumables, not the device itself. So I think while the demand will drop back, it won't be as bad as those who make ventilators.

The bigger effect may come from less people having flu or respiratory illness due to the awareness and prevention.

The thing is, will Covid19 ever go away? Or just the severity / impact is reduced? Even with flu vaccines, it is still affecting so many people. Covid 19 is more contagious with longer incubation time. Can we really eliminate it or just keep it under control?

Advanced Member

Grant Robertson was just asked if FPH had been approached with regards to making Ventilators. He neither confirmed nor denied