sharetrader
Page 113 of 324 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 3235

lol, Who would have thought FPH would have turned out to be a defensive stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
    Great company in growth sector. But with a PE of more than 50 based on management guidance, there is a massive amount of future growth baked in to the price. PEs over 50 for established companies make my head spin and remind by of the Japan market in 1989 when the average PE hit 58.
    Psst - don't tell the thread-dwellers that the emperor has no clothes on ... they don't like it ...

But yes, from a fundamental perspective you certainly have a good point - but who knows what hype keeps doing to this SP until the trend ends.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Every time i think this (and RMD) are way overvalued and sell down some more, guess what happens , it reaches new highs!. Its been "overvalued" for a long time. It and RMD are in an amazing niche especially with sleep apnoea, a recognised and part funded health problem, the effect of which causes people to die falling asleep at the wheel or to be under productive at work etc. Always watching for a bend at the end of the trend which never ends of this multibagger and for competitors with better products(OVN maybe but too early to tell). Then again maybe the bull mkt will end this year and affect all stocks.

When deciding whether to invest in FPH, I would suggest graphing PE over time to see if it's a good time to buy.

I would also try to apply some predictions of forward PE, present and upcoming market sentiment.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    When deciding whether to invest in FPH, I would suggest graphing PE over time to see if it's a good time to buy.

I would also try to apply some predictions of forward PE, present and upcoming market sentiment.
    Better polish that crystal ball extra hard, Lewy!

FPH up 4.46% this morning. Someone's forecasting a greater need for respiratory equipment!

So - how good are the analysts? Here is the 4th review in my little series ...

Stock: FPH
    Prediction month: January 2019
    Forecast month: January 2020

Peak share price during prediction month $14.10
    Consensus forecast $12.71
    achieved peak shareprice in forecast month $23.30 65% SP rise and 83% above forecast - PREDICTION FAIL
    consensus recommendation underperform (1,9/10)
    actual 12 month growth vs NZX50 outperformed NZX50 by 50% PREDICTION FAIL

Rating of the analysts so far:

4 stocks checked (checking for each consensus and buy recommendation);
    predictions correct: 1
    predictions wrong: 7
    analyst hitrate so far: 12.5%

Ouch.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 14-02-2020 at 10:25 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Cracked the quarter ton today ($25). Congrats to all of the holders. FPH reminds me of a quiet Xero from yesteryear.

Quote Originally Posted by nzspeak View Post
    Cracked the quarter ton today ($25). Congrats to all of the holders. FPH reminds me of a quiet Xero from yesteryear.
    That's over a 1000% gain for me on average buy, according to Direct Broking. Have to say I have sold a depressingly large amount of these for under $10 in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I have sold a depressingly large amount of these for under $10 in the last few years.
    Biscuit, we all did. Everyone who bought them south of $3 sold some. It is what it is.