sharetrader
Page 24 of 323 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

I see FPH got smashed today...obviously the market is more worried about further weakness in the USD...might have to stay on the sidelines for a bit longer...

Default FPH - Fisher Paykel Healthcare.

Hi I see that this Fisher stock is way down south, time to accumulate some ???

I think the reason why the FPH share price has dropped Jim is the weak USD and weak outlook for the USD, given that FPH exports 99% of its products. See the other FPH thread (entitled "FPH.....TA and FA meet") for some discussion around this.

Time to buy? If you're certain that the NZD/USD will be closer to 70c than 80c in a years time, then now would be a good time to accumulate. I wouldn't have a clue where the NZD/USD will be in a years time and prefer to wait until the currency tracks down.
    Last edited by Catalyst; 30-08-2011 at 09:06 PM.

IMO

Reviewing my portfolio and trying to come up with a reason not to dump this stock. Anyone got some opinions thoughts ? thanks in advance

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Reviewing my portfolio and trying to come up with a reason not to dump this stock. Anyone got some opinions thoughts ? thanks in advance
    Good products in growing health sector.

IMO

Hi percy,yes i like the health sector too .Im happy with Ryman and my recent buy of CAJ@ 4c but FPH has been promising for a while and languishing .Exchange rate can't be the only reason for underperforming and i don't see exchange rate changing back any time soon. Profit result 25th may.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Hi percy,yes i like the health sector too .Im happy with Ryman and my recent buy of CAJ@ 4c but FPH has been promising for a while and languishing .Exchange rate can't be the only reason for underperforming and i don't see exchange rate changing back any time soon. Profit result 25th may.
    CAJ at 4c.!!!!!!! Mine cost me 5c,plus the cost of the options.!!!!!!!
    I would wait for the result,however I think they are achieving excellent growth,and the big spend on research should result in new and better products.I also believe a lot of drugs are better delivered via the lungs,so see further opportunities there.
    I also believe if you have a good product,the market accepts ,you will find ways to get your production costs in order.May be they end up with research only in NZ and manufacturing done in countries closer to their markets.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Good products in growing health sector.
    That might be - and I hear that statement often quoted amongst peers - but FPH sstock has been a lacklustre performer, for many years.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    That might be - and I hear that statement often quoted amongst peers - but FPH sstock has been a lacklustre performer, for many years.
    The SP has been a lacklustre performer for awhile now.In the meantime the company has grown sales,introduced new products and performed very well.The NZ$ has worked against them.At the present time the charts say the company's SP is poised.I think up,but could be down?,therfore poised.!!!! My own view is it has bottomed, and with a good result we will see the SP move upwards quickly.SP has moved or about to move above the 200 day moving average.
    So I stand by my statement,"good products in growing health sector."
    Last edited by percy; 11-05-2012 at 12:22 PM.

I'm only using the directbroking chart which has a 180 MA and it's broken that about 5 times in the last 3 years only to go onto drop. On that note how accurate are the DB charts? They're often at variance to ASB charts.