sharetrader
Page 90 of 323 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast

Morning star is a very reliable tool. You basically see what it says, then do the opposite. This may seem facetious, but I'm actually (kinda) serious.

I was not surprised by the result today, but was a little by the reaction. I guess FPH is driven by success + greater fool. Unfortunately if you want in, you have to be some kind of fool.

Disclaimer: holding and happy to be more of a fool in future. Safe, reliable, long term, investment.

percy

Growth rate 4%..?
    PE 43.7 or nearly 11 times their growth rate.?
    Yield 1.47%....?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Growth rate 4%..?
    Yield 1.47%....?
    1H delivered as expected though... 2H expected to bring in 100-115m NPAT

15-20% cagr which FPH have been delivering consistently and are expected to deliver consistently into the future...

But yes, it aint cheap...
    Last edited by hardt; 22-11-2017 at 09:00 AM.

People knew what the guidance was, they hit the guidance and went down.

Therefore either people thought it would be way above the guidance, or weren't listening to the guidance and panicked (probably greater fool scenario), or we are seeing a turning point at which there's a correction occurring. Could be any of the three, in my opinion. Had I not recently doubled down, I would be very happy for it to be the latter 2 options. Maybe I just chalk my recent purchase up as a bad call and use the buying opportunity for my cash savings. I still like this share, it's just that they're eternally overpriced, only a greater fool or a long term investor (or a short term investor playing on the former) can afford them.

Feel like there may be further to fall here or a bounce back. I think I'll hold back from buying more unless they drop significantly, that way I won't feel bad about my recent losses. These are still a nice share to have and keep forever (unless some unforeseen terrible thing happens, as it can with any company), I think.

Veteran novice

I doubt that it's a case of the "greater fool". More likely that the "failure" to exceed guidance caused sober reflection on previous expectations and prompted a bit of profit-taking. Percy has it right - see above.

I continue to hold a few but won't be adding at these levels.

Advanced Member

My wife did some work there about 10 years ago. She said at the time I should buy some shares as they were a great innovative company who seemed to look after their staff.. I said no, dividend to low, PE to high etc etc. She does remind me about her recommendation from time to time. As well as Apple. Just wait and I’m sure you will be fine. As I am with Serko....now.
    Good luck, cheers, RTM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The share price had gone up to sell territory. Time to take some tops off
    Did you action that good idea Jim?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Growth rate 4%..?
    Yield 1.47%....?
    Pretty highly valued, but at least today it is nearly 10% cheaper than a couple days ago (namely 20th November)

Still the biggest company in NZ I think? In the $7b club... surely that's worth something

percy

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Pretty highly valued, but at least today it is nearly 10% cheaper than a couple days ago (namely 20th November)

Still the biggest company in NZ I think? In the $7b club... surely that's worth something
    Thanks www.4-traders.com
    FPH eps 30.22cents.eps growth this year 11.5%, next year 16.7% ave 14.1% .eps 30.22cents times twice eps growth [14.1%] ie 28.2 = sp $8,52 compared to current sp $12.62.
    A lot of something built into the current sp.?
    Last edited by percy; 24-11-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Guru

Wooow 42 m shares traded today??? What is that.Some one been putting the squeeze on index buyers?