sharetrader
Page 52 of 324 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    IMO

Wow 4.5 bagger JR. That tired old adage"its the sitting" that wins through still rings true for a precious few select stocks. What other stocks does this ring true for?. RYM has been dead flat for 2 years. AIR flat for at least 1 year. EBOS i guess. Others ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Was that a subtle slip that you expect TIL to go the same distance kiora?
    Likely & quicker but have liked the metrics of FPH & backed them since splitting from FPA

Guru

Wow 4.5 bagger JR. That tired old adage"its the sitting" that wins through still rings true for a precious few select stocks. What other stocks does this ring true for?. RYM has been dead flat for 2 years. AIR flat for at least 1 year. EBOS i guess. Others ?
    SKL at 52 cents,AKL since listing but after reviewing portfolio and reading Craigs advice sold $1 too early ,bugger, IFT getting close after buying the Warrents and converting

Yes too true, "it's the sitting that wins"!

My FPH is 2.9... buy in price $3.15

My best POT - 68 bagger (held since 1994 though and has provided a 19%pa compounding return!)

RYM not so bad if you held since 2004, would be a 13 bagger (sadly didn't get on this train at the time!)

My next best GXH 5.1 bagger - bought in at 49 cents

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    It's never too late to buy FPH in my opinion.
    How far do you punters think it will go ? $ 10 maybe in middle of next month ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    How about today? currently 10.00.

This was one of my first share purchases almost exactly 3 years ago for $2.60. Everyone here was talking about DIL and PEB, it made me super nervous investing against the tide. I've sold 25% of my holding today for a smidge over $10 so can't lose on this one now. I also bought PEB when everyone was talking great things about them. There are good lessons there for new investors like myself. Follow quality not hype it might take longer but it's a lot less like gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryo View Post
    How about today? currently 10.00.
    Hmm…. Dropped back to $9.75 by days end… relatively minor volume for the day, around 1.2m(0.2%) of the company’s shares… but price wise admittedly this equity is stretchingis legs, and so Jim how far do you think it can go is your question to we fellow punters (I’m taking it that you are a fellow punter too?)

Craig’s have it as a buy at $9.63 and are expecting it to continue to grow earnings at around 20% with this year projected at 25 c/share and 2017 at 30c/share. At $10per share that gives us a PE of 40 and 33 respectively.

So what’s changed since BIRMANBOY’s post #32 when he bought in to this equity which he believed well priced because with imputation credits he was the getting a 6.4% dividend return on his holding. Incidentally BIRMANBOY bought at $1.95, earnings were 11.7 c/share, PE around 17. (Lizard rightly pointed out at the time that the Company was paying out slightly more in dividend than it was earning and likely adding to debt in so doing).

Well a major tail wind has been favourable currency adjustments with NZD losing the strength it had back then (also interesting to read the currency comments back when BIRMANBOY purchased). Also, back then, a majority of their earnings were $US.That has changed with sales to 120+ countries (99% of revenue earnt outside of NZ).

The Company has positioned its products well and put the continued R &D effort in to ensure market leadership to the point that they have taken over direct distribution to the their US customers.

Debt is under 10%, net margin around 17%, return on assets 18% and return on equity of 24% (from the 2015 annual accounts)… Warren Buffett likes these in a company he owns, he likes a moat too… but is there enough growth in the company for him topay $10 per share. I think if he were to already own it he would be highly unlikely to sell given the Company’s continuing prospects… but in terms of buying it, would it be on his watch list?… so that begs the question at what would Mr Market have to offer him FPH at given its current prospects?

Perhaps someone like Snoopy might like to have a go at answering that.

I trust that BIRMANBOY still holds and is enjoying the ride!!

Are you familiar with Lewylewylewys law?

It's basically the same as Godwin's law, but substitute Hitler for Warren buffet

That's a tad callous Malus but I bear you no malice. I wish I still held ..imagine what my dividend yield % would be now!!!! I sold out some time back since I needed the funds for something else. Mistake of course and I did learn a valuable lesson. A Tui in the garden is worth more than two Tuis down the road. However did make a very nice gain so somewhat content. Good luck to all you holders.
    Quote Originally Posted by malus View Post
    Hmm…. Dropped back to $9.75 by days end… relatively minor volume for the day, around 1.2m(0.2%) of the company’s shares… but price wise admittedly this equity is stretchingis legs, and so Jim how far do you think it can go is your question to we fellow punters (I’m taking it that you are a fellow punter too?)

Craig’s have it as a buy at $9.63 and are expecting it to continue to grow earnings at around 20% with this year projected at 25 c/share and 2017 at 30c/share. At $10per share that gives us a PE of 40 and 33 respectively.

So what’s changed since BIRMANBOY’s post #32 when he bought in to this equity which he believed well priced because with imputation credits he was the getting a 6.4% dividend return on his holding. Incidentally BIRMANBOY bought at $1.95, earnings were 11.7 c/share, PE around 17. (Lizard rightly pointed out at the time that the Company was paying out slightly more in dividend than it was earning and likely adding to debt in so doing).

Well a major tail wind has been favourable currency adjustments with NZD losing the strength it had back then (also interesting to read the currency comments back when BIRMANBOY purchased). Also, back then, a majority of their earnings were $US.That has changed with sales to 120+ countries (99% of revenue earnt outside of NZ).

The Company has positioned its products well and put the continued R &D effort in to ensure market leadership to the point that they have taken over direct distribution to the their US customers.

Debt is under 10%, net margin around 17%, return on assets 18% and return on equity of 24% (from the 2015 annual accounts)… Warren Buffett likes these in a company he owns, he likes a moat too… but is there enough growth in the company for him topay $10 per share. I think if he were to already own it he would be highly unlikely to sell given the Company’s continuing prospects… but in terms of buying it, would it be on his watch list?… so that begs the question at what would Mr Market have to offer him FPH at given its current prospects?

Perhaps someone like Snoopy might like to have a go at answering that.

I trust that BIRMANBOY still holds and is enjoying the ride!!
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz