sharetrader
Page 68 of 323 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Good question.

Quite significant volume (considering its in the middle of the holidays). As well funds would be more interested in window dressing on the last trading day of the year than in pushing share prices down.

Maybe somebody noticed it is just 3 weeks until Trump corrupt takes over the US of A. His threat of breaking trade deals and imposing high import tariffs on everything from outside (supposedly unless the buying company is owned by his children) will hurt alien companies like FPH ...

Discl: very happy to wait with this stock on the sidelines ...
    Agree 100% with you on this one BP. I noted with quite some interest that this was the most favored stock with the brokers picks for 2017, (4 brokers) but to buy now you have to be so brave as to ignore strong technical analysis suggesting you wait and take a wild punt on Donald Trump playing fair.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Even with a 6 handle this stock is expensive. The winds have changed.

Just looking at the trend - SP went through MA30, MA50 and is now touching MA100. Investors with a high risk tolerance might consider at this stage to get back in.

On the other hand - I am wondering whether the current uptrend is potentially just a blip due to the recent brokers recommendations for 2017 (FPH is in the top five of several brokers, which may or may not mean anything) ... and might run out of steam after people sorted their 2017 portfolios. I still see a significant risk of FPH being trumped ... but then - who knows?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 26-01-2017 at 11:41 AM. Reason: removed duplication
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just looking at the trend - SP went through MA30, MA50 and is now touching MA100. Investors with a high risk tolerance might consider at this stage to get back in.

On the other hand - I am wondering whether the current uptrend is potentially just a blip due to the recent brokers recommendations for 2017 (FPH is in the top five of several brokers, which may or may not mean anything) ... and might run out of steam after people sorted their 2017 portfolios. I still see a significant risk of FPH being trumped ... but then - who knows?
    Still seems too much risk to me to buy now at this price (US protectionism, patent, currency...), great growth company though.

Discl: hold

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Still seems too much risk to me to buy now at this price (US protectionism, patent, currency...), great growth company though.

Discl: hold
    Great company but Trump fear overtook me today and I sold out. Hope to buy back in if/when the price goes down but in the meantime happy to watch from the sides even though it will probably rocket up now that I have sold

Looking like a good call for today RB. It's rocketing, but not upwards. Looking like FPH might have to help finance Donalds wall.

i'm still holding and hoping normal transmission will be resumed with this good company.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Great company but Trump fear overtook me today and I sold out. Hope to buy back in if/when the price goes down but in the meantime happy to watch from the sides even though it will probably rocket up now that I have sold
    I've sold 75% of my holding. Today, Trump has announced that he will seek a "20% tax on all Mexican imports".

Response from FPH about the Mexican tax: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11789947

i do want to buy a bit more... though i have no fund and don't really want to sell my pot holding... Errr...

Add to that, "Only buy American made"... Not a good combo