sharetrader
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Will wait a day or two but considering selling up. Not sure if Marlins has the potential after 2 drill holes come up empty. Also the time factor if another drill program has to be planned.
    Dont think Paris has enough potential on its own. Seems to be a disconnect of silver with gold. The economics of mining Paris compared with the goldies available is unfavourable. Firstly the recoveries, under 80% for silver (at Paris) I understand while most gold mines are well over 90%. Probably they can improve the recoveries but might add to the cost. Then there is the scale. Say Paris is 50m oz at a gold to silver ratio of 100 thats only equivalent to 500,000 oz gold. Even at 50 it is equivalint to 1m oz, plenty of gold discoveries 1m plus out there. There might be 140 grams silver per ton at Paris open cast with no strip/overburden. But plenty of open cast gold projects with well over 1 gram a ton yield and 100 times the value per gram. They have a lot to do and much time before they make meaningful progress in mining at Paris. Lots of horror stories abbout getting mines into production, disappointing performance, cost over runs commissioning mills.
    Lots of under valued stocks out there now with arguably better prospects I am thinking. Cut my loss and move on.
    Well it all depends on the silver price .. and IMHO higher chance than not we will see history repeat aka 2008-2009+ where we seen Silver sold short heavily to then shoot upwards 500% over the next year or so.. prob be even more this time as Financial its much worse.. so the flight to safety currently dominated by GOLD -USD will flow into Silver as we are seeing the start with lack of silver bullion and high prems..

As we seen from the sell down IVR is really based around Paris Silver 42Moz JORC ..so the market really didn't see Maslins as the main game esp on this latest results ... Mktcap of 10mill really on par with many micro-cap explorers ..

Now last Silver Bull market I did very well getting in early with AYN,ARD,CCU and walked away with some good profits prior to production the numbers didn't stack up..
    so I sold.. I think the same will happen here Silver will finally breakout 2H20-21 and catch-up with Gold on the back of "QE infinity" Negative rates..

IVR Paris project does have great potential(Is the reason why I purchased @ 1.3c)

Older extension drilling discovered high grades of Silver + lead that hasn't been followed up Mgmt does believe the Paris region could well host 70Moz of High grade Silver.

Yes recoveries aren't as high as Gold esp. at surface with the oxide which is only 5% of resources anyway ..deeper where 95% of Silver resources are located the last test results averaged 74% .... now that just using the base leach/flotation methods at the time --as IVR stated at the timeThe Company is considering further testwork using CELP (CANMET Enhanced Leaching Process) technology.... which has seen recoveries as high as 90%-99% from 70%-75% but as Silver price tanked its just not be worth the capital investment..

""However, the silver leaching rate was much faster with the CELP. The slurries containing the mixtures of minerals showed improvements of 21% Ag (from 75% to 96%) and 37% Ag (from 56% to 93%) with the CELP. Leaching of a high grade gold/silver ore with the CELP resulted in higher silver and gold extractions while using a lower cyanide concentration.""
    Last edited by JBmurc; 31-03-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Had my shares on market at 1.4 cents. Lots of shares been selling at 1.2, 6 million yesterday. Looking at the depth today I might get sold. Gold silver and the Dow well up this morning. Could be my shares are cheap but happy to leave something for the buyer. Assume someone with a lot of shares (sophisticated investor from the recent placement?) has been selling out after the dissapointment at Maslins.
    JB, can't find much on how popular the Celp process is, understand it was developed more than 10 years ago. But am guessing there are technological developments that can reduce processing costs and improve yields. Wasn't one of CCU's problems low yield? I would have thought it would be a priority for management to demonstrate it can extract the mineral from its ore. Talk isn't enough, same with the 70m oz resource. Long term investors need the facts to base decisions on.
    If I can sell my IVR might sit it out for a while. Been studying the gold explorers and near producers but it doesn't feel right to me. Interesting times.

Had my shares on market at 1.4 cents. Lots of shares been selling at 1.2, 6 million yesterday. Looking at the depth today I might get sold. Gold silver and the Dow well up this morning. Could be my shares are cheap but happy to leave something for the buyer. Assume someone with a lot of shares (sophisticated investor from the recent placement?) has been selling out after the disappointment at Maslins.
    JB, can't find much on how popular the Celp process is, understand it was developed more than 10 years ago. But am guessing there are technological developments that can reduce processing costs and improve yields. Wasn't one of CCU's problems low yield? I would have thought it would be a priority for management to demonstrate it can extract the mineral from its ore. Talk isn't enough, same with the 70m oz resource. Long term investors need the facts to base decisions on.
    If I can sell my IVR might sit it out for a while. Been studying the gold explorers and near producers but it doesn't feel right to me. Interesting times.
    No good think you're learn in time selling at this point was the completely wrong action to take.... Silver is waking from a long Bear market ... Gold Bull has been well underway for some time .... Silver will slingshot later this year ... AUD SILVER just under $25oz ... just wait till its $50oz AUD later this year to early 2021

IVR will work like a leveraged proxy to the Silver price .... even if IVR only just keep the go slow and don't produce a single oz their SP will rocket higher...

Do what you will ... no regrets
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Still got my IVR, had them on the market before Easter but they never got hit at 1.4 cents. Taken them off. Rarely makes over 1.3 since. Seems to be an inexaustable supply being fed in. Plenty of demand at 1.3, 1.2, and 1.1.
    Quarterly out. Still got $3m cash at end of March. Directors and staff 20% wage cut. Cutting expenditure. Oz have spent enough to satisfy there first stage of earn in at Maslins. Will be researching the next move. IVR reviewing details of Paris silver project. Picked up a tenement in western Tasmania.
    Well, will probably hold now for a while. All the bullion sites have articles lauding silvers prospects. But IVR have performed miserably when plenty of other resource stocks have performed/ recovered, well over the last month.

Still got my IVR, had them on the market before Easter but they never got hit at 1.4 cents. Taken them off. Rarely makes over 1.3 since. Seems to be an inexaustable supply being fed in. Plenty of demand at 1.3, 1.2, and 1.1.
    Quarterly out. Still got $3m cash at end of March. Directors and staff 20% wage cut. Cutting expenditure. Oz have spent enough to satisfy there first stage of earn in at Maslins. Will be researching the next move. IVR reviewing details of Paris silver project. Picked up a tenement in western Tasmania.
    Well, will probably hold now for a while. All the bullion sites have articles lauding silvers prospects. But IVR have performed miserably when plenty of other resource stocks have performed/ recovered, well over the last month.
    Checkout SVL has done the same ... silver stocks ... need silver to catch-up to Gold which will happen then the money will flood into the very few silver plays on the ASX same as last time

Good run like I knew would happen on Silver price breaking out AUD $26.46oz still not amazing but trading looking for direct Silver plays on the ASX IVR meets that need...

so decide the easy ST profit was to good to pass sold my lot 19c taking $5500+ profit (as IVR won't be producing anytime soon)

And it just hit 40% up for the day LOL

Silver seems to be on the way up again. US$17.50 or so this morning. Last week I had a couple of 100,000 IVR on the market at .019 which never got sold. Am now starting to think about buying more instead. Its funny on youtube lots of experts with clips advising this rally is a trap, none of them suggesting buying stocks is a good idea. Similarly lots of clips by experts saying silver is the way to go, Rick Rule, Jim Rogers, Keith Nuemeyer, etc... Generally I am not the type of person to listen to these sorts of advice, but nor do I follow the crowd. I am perplexed about where to invest at the moment. Last week I bought a biotech and a battery metals resource stock, but chickened out for a small profit.

Silver seems to be on the way up again. US$17.50 or so this morning. Last week I had a couple of 100,000 IVR on the market at .019 which never got sold. Am now starting to think about buying more instead. Its funny on youtube lots of experts with clips advising this rally is a trap, none of them suggesting buying stocks is a good idea. Similarly lots of clips by experts saying silver is the way to go, Rick Rule, Jim Rogers, Keith Nuemeyer, etc... Generally I am not the type of person to listen to these sorts of advice, but nor do I follow the crowd. I am perplexed about where to invest at the moment. Last week I bought a biotech and a battery metals resource stock, but chickened out for a small profit.
    Timing is everything >> I see IVR back down at 1.6c ...not interested at this stage ..but see how IVR does going forward with their projects ... I agree make your own decisions nothing worse that making a trade on someone else's ideas on any investment ...I like to take many options (not just bullish) then make my own mind up ...much less mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Timing is everything >> I see IVR back down at 1.6c ...not interested at this stage ..but see how IVR does going forward with their projects ... I agree make your own decisions nothing worse that making a trade on someone else's ideas on any investment ...I like to take many options (not just bullish) then make my own mind up ...much less mistakes
    The only thing cooking with IVR is the resource at Paris. I am guessing they might come up with some update enhancing the potential. It really is dependent on the silver price which is looking positive. We should hear about Maslins sometime over the winter. I am guessing OZ will do some more drilling, 2 bores doesn't seem adequate to test the target every one raved about as being the most prospective in the area. They must still have over $3m cash, enough to last a year or more with the work load they have, one wonders what they do all day, the directors. Plenty of options due at the end of this year, they are 3.5 cents from memory, with luck they might be in the money if silver can break through the resistence in the low 20's. The only worry I have is they were making noises a while ago about finding another project, I assume they have put this on hold as they don't have the cash and the shares are low and issuing more will cause excessive dilution. But if the shares rise they may be tempted to do something which I am worried won't be in the best interests of the share value in the medium turn. I am watching but might try and sell a few at 2.4 if it gets there. Seems some resistence around there, then buy back more if it falls back again. But it all depends on the silver price.