sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Member ELYOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Philippines , aussie of Perth
    Posts
    430

    Red face Ivr - investigator res ltd

    Gone vertical today up 144% at 22c ......big announce on ASX, of silver in SA , Australia. Very high intercepts.

    Where to now , dont hold . DYOR
    Last edited by ELYOB; 02-09-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: spelling

  2. #2
    F.A.B. Huang Chung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia.
    Posts
    2,613

    Default

    Now 38c.....this was one that got away from me.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Bought some last month for 1.7 cents. Now around 3 cents. 42 million oz of silver at Paris. Also a JV with an established miner to explore a prospective area they have. Not sure how long I will hold, seems more upside than down currently. Some risk of a CR/dilution. Silver out look positive. I am nervous about the markets. In the last major market rout in 2008 silver collapsed and interest in spec stocks dried up. May be different now.

  4. #4
    FEAR n GREED JBmurc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Central Otago
    Posts
    7,051

    Default

    Yes specie silver shares who remembers CCU MMN days when silver was much higher huge Market caps but paper thin profit margins .. great for a trade
    HRZ another with a nice Silver project with more likely chance that it will ever make a profit as its high grade and in a great KAL location ....ARD,SVL,IVR all on their deathbeds only year or so ago ... but get a up trending AUD Silver price and market now Goes Gaga >>
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    IVR had a cash raise, 90 million shares at 2.4 cents with a 1 for 3 option exercisable at 3.5 December 2020. Sounds very generous to me, think they should have waited another month. Am seriously thinking of selling now.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    They have offered the same deal to existing shareholders now which has cheered me up a bit, shares for 2.4 and options exercisable at 3.5 in December 2020. Will apply for some. I think they should have offered the shares to existing shareholders first and then to sophisticated investors for the short fall. Would have been good public relations. Current market price around 2.6, 2.7.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Some one has pointed out on HC that with over 3000 shareholders and half a million dollars of new shares offered there won't be many shares each. And the market price is down to 2.2 cents. But I got some more shares on market for 2.3 today.
    Thinking about it the silver they have is mainly pie in the sky, but if the silver price improves strongly over the next 6 months as quite a few commentators predict it must be positive for the share price. Then next year the drilling by OZL at Maslins might be a catalyst. Bought for a trade but buying more and the time line is looking longer.
    Last edited by zero; 09-09-2019 at 06:11 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    My investment not looking to sharp at the moment. Price down to .021,.022. Will keep holding for a month or 2. It seems a reasonable investment the realities might well be negative. Investing in the markets seems to me to be a test of mental fitness and adaptability. Not attributes that I am naturally endowed in.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Still holding. Accumulating a few more, my average must be around 1.9 cents. Share values around 1.8 to 2 cents currently for around $17m market cap. I see 3 possible catalysts for the share price in the next 12 months.
    With 42m oz of silver at the best grade in Australia in a shallow deposit it will appreciate if silver rises. Recovery rates are a bit of a problem, presumably they can refine the recovery process. They say silver needs to be north of $20 US before mining becomes viable. Silver has risen over the last year and potentially could go higher. Seems stuck on around US $17.50 to $18 oz at the moment.
    They have a joint venture with OZ minerals to explore for CU, Au, Ag and possibly Uranium at Maslins which has favourable magnetic and gravity anomalies and is in a corridor of similar geology with the likes of Prominent Hill, Olympic Dam, Oak Dam and Carrapeteena. It is 50km south of Carrapeteena. The first stage is early next year, 3000 metres of drilling, possibly only 3 holes. Share holders are talking up the prospects and with results possibly in March next year speculative interest is growing. Personally the deal made doesn't inspire confidence. Oz are only committing $1.4m to the first stage, $2.6m to the second, and $6m in the 3rd stage. At any time they can pull out. This will potentially earn them 70% of the project. The talk is potentially Maslins is bigger than the Carrapeteena resource which sold for around $300,000,000 in 2011. Presumably The OZ directors their geologists and consultants and similarly the IVR team are fairly knowledgeable about the potential of Maslins and what the magnetic and gravity data indicates is the potential. The deal made suggests they consider the chance of striking an exceptional resource is rather low. But you never know.
    The final potential positive influence is the directors are actively seeking a project they can add value to. Presumably they have time on their hands with the silver at Paris and Maslins not requiring a lot of input currently. They have assessed 80 or more projects already but nothing has been announce. The problem I see with this is they have limited funds to contribute and at present share values issuing more shares is excessive dilution. Possibly if there are positive developments in the next 12 months and the December 2020 options are in the money at 3.5 cents things will be more appealing.
    So probably the shares are fully valued at the moment and the potential is quite speculative.
    Last edited by zero; 06-11-2019 at 08:17 PM. Reason: cant work out how to make paragraphs

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Shares selling today for 1.6 cents. Market cap of $13.5m. I have a paper loss around 15%. Silver prices have stopped going up. About $25 Australian currently and need to be north of $30 Aud to make Paris viable. Would need to do more than peak at that price. Maslins drilling to start 20th January 2020. Recent drilling at Punt hill in the neighbouring tenement to the north of Maslins last Autumn, also by OZL in a joint venture, didn't produce anything exciting. Drilling in a tenement to the east of Maslins at Burra to start with in the next few weeks.
    I am imagining if silver booms and or Maslins strikes some impressive mineralisation I could make in excess of 500% on my investment. But the downside if silver drifts and the drill is inconclusive is I could lose in excess of 80% of my capital. A gamble. Will hold my course for now.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Shares firmed a bit, back to 1.8, 1.9 cents. Amg about to start drilling at Mullaby project, Burra. There shares havent firmed much if any with the impending exploration. Apparently the geology they are targeting extends into IVR's tenements. So some potential for Investigator to benefit if they find something. Citic have been selling down their shareholding in ivr the last few months from holding 14% end of August. Can't have to many left. They need funds for an iron ore project in West Australia or something.
    So things are ticking along. Silver back above $17 US today. Waiting for Maslins. A bit dull.

  12. #12
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    near Mangonui Northland
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    only 30 + hours to get your 2020 picks in .... about ONE DAY
    Be aware of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    that not forbidden is manditory.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Sorry don't have picks for the competition. Focus is on IVR though am ambivalent on its prospects. If they havent started drilling at Maslins it should be any day now. They are counting there chickens already on HC, OZL are going to take over, share swap.... It will need to be a good deposit to make mining worth while, 600 metres before mineralisation is lightly to start. It will take at least one or two years of drilling to confirm the size of the resource and economics of mining. Then at least another 7 or 8 years for approvals and construction. I vaguely recall Prominent Hill has 10 years of life left, so it seems to me they could relocate a lot of the gear if Maslins is a goer. But I can't see IVR would be a compelling target even if the drills show some promising mineralisation. OZL will earn 70% of the resource from Joint venturing the drill program up to $10m. All just conjecture at this stage. Silver looks to have plateaued for the time being. I could sell up now and make around 10 to 20% since holding from July/sept. (selling up to .023 lately) but I will sit it out, review my holding in April. Read somewhere not long ago that investing should be like watching paint dry, if you want excitment take your money to a casino. Another quote that is apt is a long term holding is a short term one that didn't work out.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    The corona virus has me rattled. Put my IVR holding on the market this morning at 0.024. But sales only made it to 0.023 so still holding. Will think things over, over the weekend. Actually am a bit fearful. In a month I may be out of work and have my capital decimated. Not a lot I can do. I won't be the only one facing this prospect. Could possibly get some word of the visuals on the first drill hole next week, must be into the target 600 metres plus at Maslins. The price of silver holding around or just under $18 US. Possibly the economic uncertainty will give precious metals a boost. But silver being an industrial metal and China being an important consumer it could cause a slump in silver prices. My opinion is corona is going to take an economic toll on the Australian sharemarket. Am not sure how badly IVR will be hit, will depend on how the drilling goes, how the silver market goes and how the market and economy goes. Might have to sit it out.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    I don't fear getting the virus myself one day. The fatality rate is low and those that succumb often have underlying health problems. I suppose it could mutate but risk looks remote from here. Not so confident about IVR's health prospects. Could still do OK but I can't see how any one can be sure of any out come.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •