sharetrader
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sold 200,000 a few weeks ago at 1.8, though i was overbalanced. Bought MYL with proceeds, it has good exposure to silver, probably be a top 10 in world silver producing mine when developed. Market doesn't like MYL though, sovereign risk?
    Put the rest of my IVR, 500,000 on market at 2.5 yesterday but no bites. Am selling all my shares and having a break from market. This morning I read an article on silver at HC saying it is going to take off soon because JP Morgan and others will have to stop shorting as people are taking delivery on the Comex. If they continue to short they will lose all their silver. Gold and silver shorts have been losing big time lately. Am thinking of buying more IVR tomorrow, it closed at 2.2 friday.
    Should hear this week about what OZ will do with Maslins, presume they will proceed to next stage of drill campaign, be surprised if they are quiting after 2 drill holes.
    Silver price over $26 Australian.
    Last edited by zero; 11-07-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Sold 200,000 a few weeks ago at 1.8, though i was overbalanced. Bought MYL with proceeds, it has good exposure to silver, probably be a top 10 in world silver producing mine when developed. Market doesn't like MYL though, sovereign risk?
    Put the rest of my IVR, 500,000 on market at 2.5 yesterday but no bites. Am selling all my shares and having a break from market. This morning I read an article on silver at HC saying it is going to take off soon because JP Morgan and others will have to stop shorting as people are taking delivery on the Comex. If they continue to short they will lose all their silver. Gold and silver shorts have been losing big time lately. Am thinking of buying more IVR tomorrow, it closed at 2.2 friday.
    Should hear this week about what OZ will do with Maslins, presume they will proceed to next stage of drill campaign, be surprised if they are quiting after 2 drill holes.
    Silver price over $26 Australian.
    So you’re not selling and taking a break you are in fact buying more ?

Correct, or at least considering buying more. Postponing the break.

I think regular breaks from the sharemarket is a good idea for me, 6 weeks, or longer. I am also nervous about the market holding up in the near term. I consider myself an investor but lately I have been holding for only weeks before trading out of the stocks i have bought because I am skeptical the market can stay positive. However I would like to make money and silver does look promising and possibly the precious metals will avoid a sharemarket down turn. Silver followed the market down in 2008 and last March but where will money go to if the sharemarket tanks again? For the life of me I can't see crypto as a safe haven. Term deposits, bonds? I think precious metals will be seen as a safe haven for capital. And companies like IVR will appreciate with higher silver price, leverage.
    Thats my thinking, could easily be wrong, could be another learning experience. No matter how much experience I never seem to attain the status of learnt.
    Last edited by zero; 11-07-2020 at 03:31 PM.

I think regular breaks from the sharemarket is a good idea for me, 6 weeks, or longer. I am also nervous about the market holding up in the near term. I consider myself an investor but lately I have been holding for only weeks before trading out of the stocks i have bought because I am skeptical the market can stay positive. However I would like to make money and silver does look promising and possibly the precious metals will avoid a sharemarket down turn. Silver followed the market down in 2008 and last March but where will money go to if the sharemarket tanks again? For the life of me I can't see crypto as a safe haven. Term deposits, bonds? I think precious metals will be seen as a safe haven for capital. And companies like IVR will appreciate with higher silver price, leverage.
    Thats my thinking, could easily be wrong, could be another learning experience. No matter how much experience I never seem to attain the status of learnt.
    If you're worried about the market might be time to add some market short positions ....I like the look of BBUS (short S&P500) and hold 14,500 ... others BEAR,BBOZ the ASX short ETFs .... good for a swing trade ...

I see IVR over 2c ... glad I moved the funds into OBM sub 10c
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I am aware of BBUS, I read the thread on HC. Doesn't really appeal to me for some reason. I think some financial instruments are to complex for me. Well done on OBM, most of the gold stocks, may be all of them, have way out performed IVR.
    Possibly silver will have its day. It sounds credible to me that the shorts will have to cover and reduce their positions soon. Possibly JP Morgan have a trick up their sleeves though. The gold silver ratio is extreme. Silver will benefit from electrification demand longer term. Mine grades are decreasing. IVR's silver while being a smallish resource has a good grade and is an opencast low strip mine with a little lead. Arguably it is the best silver play on the ASX. Maslins exploration can't be written off yet in my opinion.
    I am thinking of buying another 500,000 at 2.2 if thats possible.

Have 500000 bought for 1.7 cents , 500000 bought 2.4 and 1000000 bought for 3.4 (IVR stock). Next 3 months could be interesting. The comex has a big influence on silver prices. I don't really understand the detail but assume the shorters flood the market with paper silver contracts to suppress the longs. Lately the longs have been taking delivery of physical silver. The shorters risk losing their stock piles. Apparently they must have physical silver to be entitled to short. Possibly the tide is turning now. The silver price could grow strongly. Its not a particularly big market, it can be squeezed.
    With rising silver prices explorers like IVR with resources can bloom.

Have 500000 bought for 1.7 cents , 500000 bought 2.4 and 1000000 bought for 3.4 (IVR stock). Next 3 months could be interesting. The comex has a big influence on silver prices. I don't really understand the detail but assume the shorters flood the market with paper silver contracts to suppress the longs. Lately the longs have been taking delivery of physical silver. The shorters risk losing their stock piles. Apparently they must have physical silver to be entitled to short. Possibly the tide is turning now. The silver price could grow strongly. Its not a particularly big market, it can be squeezed.
    With rising silver prices explorers like IVR with resources can bloom.
    Yes Silver finally making a break and IVR off to the races >> purchased a few MKR today looks like its perfectly ...850ktpa Processing Plant + all permits etc -52MOz Silver 30koz Gold reserves ....planning to be producing Silver this Nov onwards 500,000t of 70g/t Silver ore on the ROM pad really to bring in 2moz of Silver over the following year..does have some debt but should be paid of from Gold production ...just raised 7mill market-cap ... looking like the next Aus Silver producer
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

MKR looks pretty good for a market cap of $18 million. First I have heard of it, just listed I see. I also have MYL which yesterday showed some life finally up about 10%. MYL has excellent silver and lead/zinc geology, scale etc... but being in Myanmar a concern for sovereign risk. MYL have 51% of the project, two large Myanmar companies have half the balance each. Talking about EPS of 4 cents, current price near 7 cents.

MKR looks pretty good for a market cap of $18 million. First I have heard of it, just listed I see. I also have MYL which yesterday showed some life finally up about 10%. MYL has excellent silver and lead/zinc geology, scale etc... but being in Myanmar a concern for sovereign risk. MYL have 51% of the project, two large Myanmar companies have half the balance each. Talking about EPS of 4 cents, current price near 7 cents.
    Not all shares listed(mgmt. hold the vast bulk) MKR total cap around 60mill + 23mill debt .... but gold production to 1Q21 should pay off debt in full easy 100mill worth of plant etc