sharetrader
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I think I will hold and try and buy some more for .013. It took 13 holes to find Olympic Dam and 3 to find Oak Dam. Silver is around $26 Aus an ounce, near 5 year highs. No doubt the price will drift lower under the market circumstances.

Silver being treated as more of an industry metal by the paper market than safe haven at present not helping it's case to get anywhere close to the true ratio of Silver:Gold in the earths crust est. around 16:1 makes the current 97:1 a joke ... personal have nil investments on the ASX with Silver prospects why would I with AUD Gold at record highs and Margins FAT with energy costs down low (unlike the last GOLD Bull market when OIL was also very high in price)

I certainly wouldn't say IVR is a SELL at these levels but IMHO not a BUY as better micro-cap plays on the market
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I have been buying more over the last week. 200,000 at 1.3 cents. I am not confident it is a good idea at all. Yes it seems to have decoupled from gold. One speculative thing IVR has is Maslins. Possibly they will strike gold copper and other valuable minerals in the not to distant future.
    One thing that worries me about gold is in the last great depression they made it illegal to own privately. I am worried in a severe economic crisis controls would be introduced to discourage capital flowing out of the productive sector. I am probably being silly here.
    Yes other micro caps in the gold sector could very likely do better than IVR. I am guessing there might be some take over activity, the miners must be getting good cash flows and buying ounces in the ground is probably easier than finding it. Or with the tech they have now for finding the most prospective targets they can narrow down the tennements that are the most desirable.

[QUOTE=zero;797634]I have been buying more over the last week. 200,000 at 1.3 cents. I am not confident it is a good idea at all. Yes it seems to have decoupled from gold. One speculative thing IVR has is Maslins. Possibly they will strike gold copper and other valuable minerals in the not to distant future.
    One thing that worries me about gold is in the last great depression they made it illegal to own privately. I am worried in a severe economic crisis controls would be introduced to discourage capital flowing out of the productive sector. I am probably being silly here.
    Yes other micro caps in the gold sector could very likely do better than IVR. I am guessing there might be some take over activity, the miners must be getting good cash flows and buying ounces in the ground is probably easier than finding it. Or with the tech they have now for finding the most prospective targets they can narrow down the tennements that are the most desirable.

from 1933 to 1974 it was illegal for U.S. citizens to own gold in the form of gold bullion, without a special license. On January 1, 1975, these restrictions were lifted and gold can now be freely held in the U. S. without any licensing or restrictions of any kind...

I could only see these being reintroduced if the US dollar was once again backed by GOLD ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Some one once said words to the effect, gold they go to a lot of trouble and expense to dig it out of the ground only to go to a lot of trouble and expense in burying it again in a vault or something.
    Gold competes with the fiat economy, its not social. That said it is well beyond my expertise to have any idea of such matters/economics.

Interestingly they backed the currency with gold but made it impossible to redeem it for bullion (the US as per JB's post).

So I am not doing so well now. Silver at $14.70 US/ounce. Every thing is down, shares gold, silver, crypto. Probably a few weeks wait for an update on Maslins drilling progress. Friday IVR shares dipped to 1 cents. The close was 1.2 cents and looked a bit artificial as if some one manipulated it up at the close. Must put me at a 10 to 20% paper loss counting the trade I did end of Feburary. Thats probably OK relative to a lot of others. And with everything looking grim is cash in some bank or institution going to be fully available in the future? Its all conjecture and imaginings at this time.

After the GFC 2008 probably the best performing shares were those that had been marked down the most after the market collapsed, the speccies.
    Which way from here? may be some support at these levels or a drift lower? I imagine the helicopter money might be an option. Would they ever suspend the markets till things settle down?

I think for sure we will see being able to Short companies and the market cancelled for a few weeks and maybe even a Banking holiday + Market holiday etc ...I see Bullion dealers selling record amounts of Silver+Gold of late ... but as we know the paper market controls the price not the real demands ..well not yet

After more market research I see IVR as a must buy(and have made my first purchase) as I really believe Silver is about to slingshot higher as many silver miners close because of COVID19 but demand for Silver bullion is breaking new highs ... and IMHO IVR has the best Silver project on the ASX

SILVER PHYSL SHORTAGES >> Keith Neumeyer, CEO of First Majestic Silver
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5sTmdYLlDM

If this plays out the way I think it will and we see silver move back towards 30:1 ratio to GOLD(like it reached 2011) we will see AUD Silver go past $80oz and thats if GOLD doesn't move higher which IMHO it will so AUD $100oz is my Target in the next 2yrs (but could be much sooner)

IVR has a great Silver Project>>

Total Mineral Resource estimated at 9.3Mt @ 139g/t silver and 0.6% lead; for 42Moz contained silver and 55kt contained lead (based on 50g/t silver cut-off grade). The Indicated component is 4.3Mt @ 163g/t silver and 0.6% lead; for 23Moz contained silver and 26kt contained lead. The high grade and additional ounces confirm Paris as possibly the best undeveloped silver deposit in Australia.

Seller pressure over not long till the Buyers drive higher on the right ann's and PM price movement200327032411.png

Maslins second hole a duster. Share price heading south fast.

Will wait a day or two but considering selling up. Not sure if Maslins has the potential after 2 drill holes come up empty. Also the time factor if another drill program has to be planned.
    Dont think Paris has enough potential on its own. Seems to be a disconnect of silver with gold. The economics of mining Paris compared with the goldies available is unfavourable. Firstly the recoveries, under 80% for silver (at Paris) I understand while most gold mines are well over 90%. Probably they can improve the recoveries but might add to the cost. Then there is the scale. Say Paris is 50m oz at a gold to silver ratio of 100 thats only equivalent to 500,000 oz gold. Even at 50 it is equivalint to 1m oz, plenty of gold discoveries 1m plus out there. There might be 140 grams silver per ton at Paris open cast with no strip/overburden. But plenty of open cast gold projects with well over 1 gram a ton yield and 100 times the value per gram. They have a lot to do and much time before they make meaningful progress in mining at Paris. Lots of horror stories abbout getting mines into production, disappointing performance, cost over runs commissioning mills.
    Lots of under valued stocks out there now with arguably better prospects I am thinking. Cut my loss and move on.