sharetrader
Page 16 of 146 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Put in a bid at 34 cents Mac and I am sure you will be able to pick up millions

But in all seriousness, I am with Moosie on this one. Plenty of time to wait before the share price gets moving. And if memory serves me correctly, AOR is the cheaper vehicle to go through to get an exposure to this venture. So instead of buying CRP you would be better off buying AOR. That said if they (AOR) did not take up the rights then the discount may be gone. Should have another look when time permits.
    I've been wondering that too Blackcap, we should know on 29th April how much has been taken up by the big players, if any, when the underwriter gets their allotment. AOR's not for me as it comes with additional risks, but I wish you well with that, should be enough in this venture for all to go around though.

Banned

MAC.

I respectfully dis agree.. re " AOR additional risks.... they have ( AOR) .. on sold a lot of the risk and cost re Brunner Oil Seeps ( Kotuku) to Mossman.. and hold shares in Mossman and also a profit percentage if this drill turns into the new Taranaki.

Agree most of the other assets ie Fiji, Vietnam etc are a lucky dip. But the company is debt free.

Moosie .. I agree " re for a change " .. but not in as I read your statement in a slightly cynical snide tone... more in a the guy has worked hard with a lot of projects, for his sake ( and mine and other shareholders ) he deserves a big one to come up trumps... nuff said.

Good Easter, to all posters.

BTW.. Moosie, presume you are getting some. ? ... its Rutting season for Moose.... good luck..

Banned

Cheers Moosie.

Was'nt having a go... agree with your comment on Dairy.

Re AOR... if this Brunner Oil Seep , comes up quids that will be a game changer....at least we know Oil is there, unlike most Drills, which are akin to that Game, " Battleship " I used to play as a kid.

Banned

Default May to December

Well, the rights issue seems to have gone very well, I would have liked to have picked up a lot more than I did in the oversubscription, surprised CRP didn’t make it larger actually, but I guess the underwriter are due they’re rightfully take.

So, Chatham Rock have a little time now to raise the final remaining $8M on the AIM market, incrementally up until November.

I would be entirely disappointed in management if they chose not to take their time over this a little, and, would be equally disappointed if they don’t now raise the bulk of the final capital well above the present share price.

After all the mining permit is held, the resource area may expand further, market sentiment is up with the recovery of the phosphate market and Chatham Rock are well placed, much much better than Trans-Tasman IMHO, to work through the marine consent process successfully.

It’s a stock that will be worth a heck of a lot more by December and there would be absolutley no point in just giving it away in May Chris.
    Last edited by MAC; 23-04-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Banned

Well said Mac.

Totally agree, if you have a minute... could you give us some details on the rising Phosphate market, ? I presume you mean that dodgy phosphate from Morocco we import... burning millions of gallons of Fossil fuels to get it here ... what percentage is the price up from last year... and is the reason less supply, or more demand.. or both. ?

Thanks very much ( in advance )

Quote Originally Posted by croesus View Post
    Well said Mac.

Totally agree, if you have a minute... could you give us some details on the rising Phosphate market, ? I presume you mean that dodgy phosphate from Morocco we import... burning millions of gallons of Fossil fuels to get it here ... what percentage is the price up from last year... and is the reason less supply, or more demand.. or both. ?

Thanks very much ( in advance )
    MAC may have a different source, but I find this very useful for tracking the phosphate price: http://www.indexmundi.com/commoditie...rock-phosphate

Cheers

Roberto

Banned

Cheers Roberto, was looking damn good just over 2 years ago....and definitely heading back up,

I wonder what the driver is for the Phosphate price... more demand or less supply. ??

Banned

Hi Croesus,

From a short term, being six months to a year or so, it’s nice to see rock phosphate prices on the rise or at a long term nadir.

It’s been a bit unfortunate up until recently that Chatham Rock have been trying to raise capital into a cyclical market, but year to date rock phosphate prices are up 7% and up three months in a row.

From a shoter term supply and demand perspective I understand the anticipated CAGR for the market to 2018 is around 2.8% pa.

regards, Mac

Attachment 5750
    Last edited by MAC; 23-04-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Now the waiting begins, bring on November.

GENERAL: CRP: Chatham Rock Phosphate files Marine Consent Application

CRP
    15/05/2014 08:30
    GENERAL

REL: 0830 HRS Chatham Rock Phosphate Limited

GENERAL: CRP: Chatham Rock Phosphate files Marine Consent Application

Media Release
    15 May 2014

CRP files Marine Consent application - starts six month decision process
    Chatham Rock Phosphate today submitted its formal marine consent application
    to the Environmental Protection Authority. Should it be accepted as
    complete, the six-month formal process is expected to lead to a decision in
    November.

The application, representing four years' work and $25 million in investment,
    is the second seabed mining proposal under the Exclusive Economic Zone and
    Continental Shelf (Environmental Effects) Act 2012, and will be considered
    through a full public process by an expert panel appointed by the
    Environmental Protection Authority (EPA).

The marine consent is the only major licence CRP now needs, having gained a
    mining permit for its phosphate extraction project in December 2013. CRP
    submitted a draft application to the EPA on 31 March 2014 and since then has
    been working with the EPA to address the EPA's preliminary comments on its
    application.

Managing Director Chris Castle said he was confident the application would
    meet the tough standard demanded by the law.

"Our focus has always been two-fold: base the analysis on science and consult
    with all interested parties to ensure their concerns are addressed through
    the process. Input from both stakeholders and scientists is critical to make
    sure all the bases are covered.

"The results of this analysis and consultation are that we understand what
    the environmental impacts are likely to be and we can clearly demonstrate how
    we can minimise and mitigate them. We know this project can deliver to its
    shareholders financially, and to other stakeholders in terms of environmental
    requirements."

CRP's phosphate resource, located on the seabed of the Chatham Rise, offers
    fertiliser security for New Zealand's primary industry, has big export and
    import substitution potential, as well as environmental benefits as a direct
    application fertiliser, making it a project of national significance.

The main 400-plus page document comprising the Environmental Impact
    Assessment is supplemented by 35 appendices, mostly scientific reports. The
    information will be publicly available on the EPA website and via a link on
    www.rockphosphate.co.nz should the EPA accept the application as complete.
    All interested parties will then able to read the information, make
    submissions and attend public hearings during the next six months.

Banned

Not sure I understand what your trying to say Moose.

Why should the Greens be "quaking ".. they should be all in supporting CRP,

ie is a far better phosphate, with out the toxic stuff, there are no huge carbon costs in transporting from Morroco,

It will earn us export dollars, create employment, and help our trade balance..

cheers