sharetrader
Page 2 of 144 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by sailor1 View Post
    Certainly can't complain about the recent share price performance with these guys. They have now got some excellent solid cornerstone shareholders, progress is certainly being made towards the ultimate goal of mining the phosphate. They seem to have it all heading in the right direction. Just a note, Percy about your comments on Chris Castle. I am familiar with his past record with CharterCorp, 1987 and all that, but just ponder on this for a moment. He's a risk taker sure, but isn't that the way with people like this who are prepared to put their necks on the line? They don't always win. That's just the way it goes and if one were to survey randomly the propotion of very rich people who had once been bankrupt, and I don't believe Castle ever gotto those depths, then I'm sure you will find there would be a far greater % of ex bankrupts amongst the sample of the very wealthy than there would be from a random sample of the general population.

Good luck to Castle and Chatham Rock I say. There is a good chance they are on to a winner here and I'm very glad to be along for the ride. It's been a great one over the past couple of weeks and I think over the next couple of years there will be more good news.
    I enjoy your comments and found the article ElZorro refered to in post No.6 most interesting.
    Chris Castle has certainly stuck with it and like you wish him good luck.

Chris Castle's investment philosophy is best summed up as "getting small is better".

He loves share prices to be as low as could possibly be so that the %tage movements allows __________

(you can fill in the rest).

What a joke!

I hear what you are saying about Chris Castle but i think this venture has a huge future when it gets traction and not just for CRP but for NZ Agriculture and the economy as a whole. I think WID may have a little holding in this venture as well not to be over looked.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I found this article Percy, sounds like things were OK by around 2002.
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/c...d-so-what.html
    A great article is one that stands the test of time

You notice lately the use of the phrase " Cash is Trash" is becoming widespread once again......

How easy it is for generations... including Directors (with the best intentions in mind?) to repeat history over and over again. Just one big cycle..mistake.. learn.. forget..make same mistake again.. learn ..forget......make same mistake again.............and those famous mythical words.."but it's different this time"...

When this current situation goes "pop" Those words of wisdom mentioned within that article will return'''''

What does failure teach you?

Cash is king
    Last edited by Hoop; 11-10-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    A great article is one that stands the test of time

You notice lately the use of the phrase " Cash is Trash" is becoming widespread once again......

How easy it is for generations... including Directors (with the best intentions in mind?) to repeat history over and over again. Just one big cycle..mistake.. learn.. forget..make same mistake again.. learn ..forget......make same mistake again.............and those famous mythical words.."but it's different this time"...

When this current situation goes "pop" Those words of wisdom mentioned within that article will return'''''

What does failure teach you?

Cash is king
    Meanwhile, Chris Castle makes a good living out of 'managing' the companies he brings to investors - WID, ARM and KOS.

Salary and consultancy fees from WID in 2002 - $300,000

Wait till after the elections.

I'm picking on the off chance a Labour/Greens Coalition form the next Government CRP will be more or less screwed.

Does have alot of potential though.

Banned

Binary... that's the most rubbish post this year.. The Greens will love CRP... low cadmium, no carbon freight cost .. most of our phosphate comes from Morocco.... huge freight costs.............. more jobs for Kiwis with CRP... if your going to post on this forum... don't insult the rest of us with stupid comments... as for Labour getting on the front bench... just a pack of Hobbitt hating hypocritical lying inarticulate losers... David Shearer.. nice guy.. but Prime Minister really !

Quote Originally Posted by croesus View Post
    Binary... that's the most rubbish post this year.. The Greens will love CRP... low cadmium, no carbon freight cost .. most of our phosphate comes from Morocco.... huge freight costs.............. more jobs for Kiwis with CRP... if your going to post on this forum... don't insult the rest of us with stupid comments... as for Labour getting on the front bench... just a pack of Hobbitt hating hypocritical lying inarticulate losers... David Shearer.. nice guy.. but Prime Minister really !
    Amen to that...
    cks

Binary... that's the most rubbish post this year
    Binary, don't worry mate, you won't hold that mantle for too long...it's only January 18th

chin up

Quote Originally Posted by easy money View Post
    Amen to that...
    I struggle to comprehend a world where the Greens would "love" farmers use of fertilizers. In their backward existence the fact farmers need phosphate suggests the land is being overused. Couple this with the environmental damage caused by mining and the Greens resistance to anything that improves the economy at the expense of the environment, I would still imagine a Labour/Greens coalition would be terrible for CRP.

That and the fact that CRP have based profitability on very rough estimations on how much mine-able phosphate exists I would suggest it is fairly risky at its current price.

Also, usually 1 full stop is sufficient.