sharetrader
Page 53 of 146 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Just looking at the two submissions filed yesterday by objectors, I really can't see anything that would prevent the conditional granting of the application. Quite a bit was just about tightening up the wording of the conditions. Good grief, one objection was that the engine noise of the boat sailing regularly between Chatham Rise and the mainland might disrupt the migration routes of marine mammals! Okay, let's also ban all fishing boats from the area (except waka of course).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NT001 View Post
    Just looking at the two submissions filed yesterday by objectors, I really can't see anything that would prevent the conditional granting of the application. Quite a bit was just about tightening up the wording of the conditions. Good grief, one objection was that the engine noise of the boat sailing regularly between Chatham Rise and the mainland might disrupt the migration routes of marine mammals! Okay, let's also ban all fishing boats from the area (except waka of course).
    Unbelievable. " engine noise ".....

Still thats the world we live in, sobering to consider, what wouldnt probably have happened if we transplanted our current restrictions back 100 years.

Main trunk line.. nope.

Homer Tunnel ... nope

Wellington Airport .. nope

Auckland Harbour Bridge.. maybe.

Deep sea Trawling .. Nope

Offshore Platforms Taranaki... nope.. I can hear that Lawless woman ... crying a river of tears already.

Salt Works Lake Grassmere.... nope

Roads to Ski Areas... would be a struggle .. especially Central North Island

enough....
    can any one think of more.. must be lots more

Banned

Pretty much all the dams around the country.

They don't even like wind power (you should see the objections book here at my work for Tiritea!)

Importation if Canadians.

Everyone has a gripe these days. 98% are frivolous/stupid. You learn to not even listen to the people saying them.

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Pretty much all the dams around the country.

They don't even like wind power (you should see the objections book here at my work for Tiritea!)

Importation if Canadians.

Everyone has a gripe these days. 98% are frivolous/stupid. You learn to not even listen to the people saying them.
    Amen to that.
    cks

many thanks for that informative coverage snaps

Banned

A fair two page summary here for those who may not wish to read all 90 pages;

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU141...sent-grant.htm

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    A fair two page summary here for those who may not wish to read all 90 pages;

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU141...sent-grant.htm
    Pretty damning assessment of the staff reports and staff input (or lack of). Appreciate it is CRP's POV but even if only some of the issues are correct, the competence of some of the EPA staff must be called into question. Thinking I might lodge an OIA request once the decision is known, to find out what reviews of staff input and processes have been, or will be, undertaken.

Banned

The DMC adjourned the hearing rather than closing it, saying that they needed further time to administer the revised environmental conditions which were received from CRP recently on 6th November, they said they would need around two weeks to do this.

I took this as a good indication that the close out and the 20 day notification period, if required, will now be all about fine tuning the wording, accuracy and intent of the environmental conditions.

If the DMC were going to decline the marine consent they would not require two weeks to further consider environmental conditions associated with the prospective granting of a marine consent.

When exploring options, the DMC asked CRP legal counsel if a marine consent area reduced to the same size as the mining permit area would be acceptable. The reply was that it was not preferred but if it allowed the venture to proceed then CRP would accept.

One must note that the area being considered under the marine consent application is very much larger than the area for the mining permit which CRP hold, so there is ultimately quite a lot of room for compromise by the DMC if so required in allowing the venture to proceed.

The Edison valuation base case is for a 15 year mine life and based on the mining permit area resource, so such a compromise would not affect their stock valuation of $1.76.

The overall process could spill into January, IMO it depends on how efficient the next two weeks will be.

All in all the mood seems to be one of wanting to broker a solution.

Banned

Cheers for keeping us up to date guys.

Artemis, I'd be very interested in that OIA request as well.