sharetrader
Page 6 of 146 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Guru

Anyone else going to the AGM in Wellington on Tuesday the 9th July?

Banned

Blackcap.. I will be there... you wont have a problem finding me..... Im the 6' Robert Redford look alike... ( broader shoulders ) with the mid west .. well more Kansas drawl.... natural habitat.. near the free drink trolley.

Moosie... Totally agree.. and to think back in the early 80s ... I was a Greenpeace donator ... fool me.. they are IMHO whiners, bludgers, and hypocrites.. a pox on their house.

ciao.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by croesus View Post
    Blackcap.. I will be there... you wont have a problem finding me..... Im the 6' Robert Redford look alike... ( broader shoulders ) with the mid west .. well more Kansas drawl.... natural habitat.. near the free drink trolley.

ciao.
    hahaha croesus, am still chuckling at your description of yourself. I didnt realise they had a free drinks trolly... it will be my first time. Do they also offer a bowl with an assortment of cigars?
    Greenpeace is not what it used to be.. .to me it has morphed into a political fringe terrorist green organisation. I still have friends who are on the donor list that I try to convince to see the folly of their ways.

Banned

Cheers Moosie, just back from a big night at the Corn Exchange ( Hastings ) Watching the Poms stick it to the Aussie Bleaters.

Agree totally with your sentiments re Greenpeace.

Not sure if Snakk will go much lower, but if it does a shiraz or Cab Sav... on the condition.. I get to buy you a beer first.

chin chin

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    haha ok deal. too bad the hockey season is over now, wouldn't mind watching the Leafs play a game while having a brewskie!
    One last seller at .36 cents...then all clear..
    cks

Guru

Yes that would be nice wouldnt it but I think the seller would magically re-appear. Btw did anyone go to the AGM and what did they think? Anyone else think Chris Castle was getting a bit desperate with the "marketing for new money" or is this normal practice at AOR AGM's?

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think you would be best to keep it that way.
    Castle was a one time Brierley Investments employee.He went on to float his own investment company.Major investment was Regina Confectionary,Oamaru.
    His investment record was/is very poor.
    I would not invest in any company Castle was/is connected with.
    Curious re how many people lost money in Widespread and if anyone ended up ahead; now be honest?

Banned

I'm a value investor Moosie, liquidity is important for risk management though.

I've a risk free valuation for CRP of $1.85, CRP's own analyst, Quadrant, have them risk free at $2.00.

I'm looking at CRP as being substantially de-risked, let’s say 60%, by February 2014 when their marine consent decision is due, with the remaining 40% risk on operational performance in 2015.

The next six months are very important and de-risking could well see some big moves in SP, on a buy and hold basis I would not be surprised to see CRP as a $2.50 stock at FY16.

Risks in the next six months are a matter of regulatory process, beyond that the risks are operational and technical, and I’m more comfortable with those, perhaps because of my background in project engineering, but more so because of confidence in Boskalis international exp as the contracted ship builder and operator.

IMO

Do you have an association with chris castle MAC?

Banned

Ha, no I don't Joshuatree, nor do I place much importance on the perception of personalities or performance by some who may or may not have baggage for what could be a number of undisclosed reasons.

I have not seen any issues that concern me associated with Chris Castle in his performance at CRP to date and recognise that he has exceptional support in Boskalis project management and probably good financial advice from Quadrant also.

Declaration: no association with CRP or staff other than as a shareholder.