sharetrader
Page 66 of 146 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
    Banned

It must be idle Saturday afternoon speculation time.

Last September CRP advised;

“Chatham Rock has been in discussions with a publically quoted company with respect to a potential merger transaction. These discussions are at an early stage, on-going and at present no agreement has been reached - binding or non-binding - on the terms of such a transaction. Should these discussions progress to a documented stage a market announcement will be made giving further details”

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/200093.pdf

Then in December they advised;

“Chatham Rock Phosphate (CRP) commissioned Lincoln University and AgResearch to undertake trials in a glasshouse over a period of four months to assess the effectiveness on plant productivity of rock phosphate from the Chatham Rise, east of New Zealand. The trials also tested rock phosphate sourced from a Mexican marine phosphate deposit”

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/205596.pdf

Well, one could suggest that the Mexican rock is from Oceanica, the other company with the same major shareholders and prospective operator as CRP, Subsea, Odyssey and Boskalis. I’m sure CRP are not just charitably extensively testing the product properties of another company along with their own.

I wonder a little too about the AIM listing also, CRP could raise any remaining capital relatively easily with a marine consent in their hand, I don’t think an AIM listing is entirely necessary at this time aside from facilitating some form of transaction ?

Banned

Looks like everyone and their dog has been issued with shares in CRP the past year...

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/207419.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Looks like everyone and their dog has been issued with shares in CRP the past year...

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/207419.pdf
    I think they tend to pay their contractors in shares ... though just wondering, what the Psychiatric Service did to earn their cut?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Anyone who has dealt with government agencies knows from experience that delays usually mean they are polishing up their rejections.

Watch and learn.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ...though just wondering, what the Psychiatric Service did to earn their cut?
    That would be to console shareholders once the rejection letter comes through, and to prepare them for more dilution when it gets taken to the HC

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Anyone who has dealt with government agencies knows from experience that delays usually mean they are polishing up their rejections. Watch and learn.
    They did give a specific reason for the delay, and it wasn't that they needed more time to polish up their conclusions. Some of the panel were simply unavailable, for reasons that made sense even though they were frustrating.

The way I read it the only share placement for services rendered was to Wimmer Financial. For all other placements the company received cash.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I think they tend to pay their contractors in shares ... though just wondering, what the Psychiatric Service did to earn their cut?
    Sometimes they are the most important members of the team(I mean that only partly sarcastically)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Mr Castle's putting feelers out there for a new job....why else would you be helping the opposition

www.nzx.com/companies/CRP/announcements/260314
    This is why;

http://www.rockphosphate.co.nz/news/...1o077mvoyf2hp0

The 18 month moratorium period that the Namibian govt allocated for their environmental review is up in a just a few weeks, just before the AIM IPO listing for those joining the dots.

The Namibian govt engaged SINTEF, a Norwegian consultant, to prepare a draft report, it's an interesting read for those with time, CRP are mentioned 24 times within it. They seem to be watching what happens here in NZ as a test case.

The CRP Namibian permit applications are located per diagram below;

Attachment 6735
    Last edited by MAC; 04-02-2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: oops wrong link

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Mr Castle's putting feelers out there for a new job....why else would you be helping the opposition

www.nzx.com/companies/CRP/announcements/260314
    Not sure, given that CRP have seabed mining interests in Namibia as well, there might be as well a more harmless explanation ... if I would be him, I would be delighted to help the authorities to define the process I am afterwards required to follow. Wouldn't you?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)