sharetrader
Page 7 of 146 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Guru

Moosie... word of warning.. the nickel mining in Vietnam is a dead duck. Shareprice of ASN has stayed at 4 cents for a long time now.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ASN.V

That said if anyone wants exposure to CRP, it is cheaper getting an entry through AOR as this is discounted to NTA, and the NTA is measurable by getting the market value of CRP and adding the other "significant" investment. But the NTA of CRP alone is already higher than the AOR shareprice.
    Last edited by blackcap; 08-08-2013 at 07:20 PM.

IMO

Thanks mac for your disclosure
    Last ann report

consultancy fees $498,126 Do they do any of this ?

Directorsfees $49,000

Gen exp $41,269

Management fees $180,000

Office $52,733

Rent $26,385

TRAVEL $229,060 chris and linda live in golden bay above the sea. Office is in wellington where they stay during the week and they are the only 2 that run it? Expensive place to travel from, Takaka twice a week by the looks.

Int free loans Yes but not much this year more in 2012

payment to Nevay holdings ? $459,400 c castle and l saunders

Aorere Holdings and subsea check cross hoildings etc.

Options issued check.
    Please check accuracy for yourself. check history of widespread,dilution , issues of shares ,etc amount of fees of all sorts, clipping the ticket.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 08-10-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Correction re Office in wellington

Banned

Joshuatree, I genuinely and sincerely recommend that you don’t provide information on this forum about where directors live.

Aside;

CRP are a listed company, with the largest shareholders being those below. Director shareholdings are 2.39%.

It has been very satisfying to see Subsea Investments and Boskalis in particular taking significant stakes and fully backing the Venture.

27.01% Subsea Investments (US private equity fund)
    18.72% Boskalis (Global marine mining company)
    10.34% Aorere Resource
    6.87% Odyssey Marine Exploration

Amongst the directors and executives we have very good representation in Ko De Blaeij (Boskalis) and also with Jill Hatchwell (Aorere).

I’m also very pleased with technical representation in Dr Robin Falconer and Robert Goodden also who have many years indeed in marine mining and prospecting experience and bring a lot to the company.

All that contributes to a confident team as I see it. I hope you would agree aside from perhaps retaining some sort of personal issues with the managing director.

IMO

Hi , youre right Mac but it was a very generalized description and i just chanced on it when on holiday a few years back after a conversation about WID a few days before.
    One of the most important aspects of any investment is having confidence in management. Often its very hard to research this. I was a shareholder in widespread some years ago . i dont have a grudge but my personal overwhelming exp is i dont have confidence in management; i don't think shareholders are looked after.I think there is alot of enthusiasm and spin and justification to benefit who? didnt feel like us. Just my opinion. No more from me atp. This is a great forum to share our opinions on making money and not losing it ,but as ever DYOR and good luck .

But the exact addresses of the directors, including Chris, are a matter of public record on the Companies Office website...

percy

Joshuatree.
    Thank you for your good memory,and excellent posts.
    From my memory Jill Hatchwell has worked with/for Chris Castle for a number of years.

Banned

I also appreciate your input and experience Joshuatree, on this thread, and others;

Consider that Subsea have a 27.1% stake in CRP, if they were to exercise all their options tomorrow that would take them to 42.5%. Gets tantalisingly close doesn't it for a change.

We should well imagine though that major global entities like Subsea and Bosaklis are already keeping CRP and their investments close at hand and tightly under control.

Labour, Greens overtake National in new poll
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11111563

*worried*

Holding some shares in CRP and MRP.

Banned

Whilst I agree it is not worthy for CRP enter into pointless debates with negative lobby groups who don’t want to consider other views, I’m not so sure it is wise to snub the media. Consenting is a political process not a logical or rational decision based on what’s best for the environment.

http://www.rockphosphate.co.nz/news/...atement-to-tv3

Although having said that, I do think CRP will come through this process. If one chooses to look at the big picture, rather than just what happens in the one square kilometre on the Chatham rise alone, the environmental benefits versus the effects look good enough to me to allow this to fly, especially given the economic benefits.

> Temporary surgical disruption to the sea bed vs. open cast mining in Morocco.
    > Lower cadmium levels in the NZ bovine and human food chain
    > Reduced runoff of fertilizer into NZ rivers and lakes
    > Much less processing of product therefore less pollutants
    > Lower carbon footprint from shorter shipping distances and lower energy production