sharetrader
Page 75 of 146 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
    Legend

A hard-hitting article from Rod Oram in the SST today about the CRP decision. Ranging from the estimated phosphate prices being sometimes below any breakeven point, to the impact on fishing in the area, etc. Bottom trawling is banned in the area, so perhaps the exploration permit(s) should never have been granted.

Only $5mill of NZ govt funding is available for marine science each year. I think CRP spent $33mill on this project so far?

Rod concludes that

"If the Government had a strategic bone in its body, it would start New Zealand on the long, hard journey to becoming a world leader in marine sciences and management, thereby generating substantial, sustainable wealth."

In the paper yesterday the Milford guy said CRP will probably reinvent themselves as world class oil and gas exploration company.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    In the paper yesterday the Milford guy said CRP will probably reinvent themselves as world class oil and gas exploration company.
    Good to know some one at Milford has retained their sense of humour!!! lol.

Legend

In the paper yesterday the Milford guy said CRP will probably reinvent themselves as a world class oil and gas exploration company.
    No doubt. I think that what Rod Oram might have just pulled up short on saying, is that perhaps the Government is using wealthy individuals and shareholders of listed companies to carry out risky and non-paying core resources research on their behalf. I had a bad experience with Glass Earth Gold, watched this CRP effort mostly from the sidelines. Over time, the research work that was paid for by these shareholders, virtually all of whom would have lost money, will be handed over in report form to the government's NZPAM. Sure, it will be available to anyone who expresses an interest in the permit areas later, but the environmental impact work will give government info in other areas not related directly to an enterprise. Glass Earth aeromagnetic surveys provided data on water resources in the SI, some of which local bodies paid for. I think they also helped discover a massive underground area of molten lava near Wairakei.

Banned

Knowing NZO they would buy them too, since they seem to be in acquisition mode.

God, what a match made in heaven those two would be eh?!?!

Guru

Jaizezzz moosie --youve got more personalities than Sybil----- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Ardell_Mason ----

Welcome back

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Jaizezzz moosie --youve got more personalities than Sybil----- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Ardell_Mason ----

Welcome back
    Sorry, BFG got banned for a week and everyone knows me as Moosie anyways so thought I'd go "full buck" again.

Disc - I have only ever been moosie_900, BFG and now Moosie. No clowns were harmed in the making of this user name

The real reason they banned you was the post counter couldn't handle quantity of posts over the six figures
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Sorry, BFG got banned for a week and everyone knows me as Moosie anyways so thought I'd go "full buck" again.

Disc - I have only ever been moosie_900, BFG and now Moosie. No clowns were harmed in the making of this user name
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Advanced Member

It may be already stated but crp is prc backwards ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    It may be already stated but crp is prc backwards ouch!
    Ha ha .... Well spotted