sharetrader
    Banned

Default anyone used velocitytrade?

Morning all,

First time poster/newbie trader here, just wondering if anyone has used http://velocitytrade.co.nz/mt4 for trading forex? im using the mt4 demo account at the moment and it seems like a nice piece of software, basically im just wondering if anyone is using any nz brokers as it seems easier than having to send funds overseas to use the likes of oanda etc.

Appreciate any feedback

Hi Harmonist
    Welcome
    with a name like yours i imagine you may be into fibonacci
    i use FXCM who are based in the states who i have had no problems with
    and from what i have heard Oanda are very good as well
    if i wasnt a client of FXCM I would use Oanda.i think both are well capitalized which is a consideration these days
    if i was to stay local i have some friends who use stonebridge

Banned

haha yeah I have been looking at using fibs, still a newbie though so just figuring everything out still, appreciate the info!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by harmonist View Post
    Morning all,

First time poster/newbie trader here, just wondering if anyone has used http://velocitytrade.co.nz/mt4 for trading forex? im using the mt4 demo account at the moment and it seems like a nice piece of software, basically im just wondering if anyone is using any nz brokers as it seems easier than having to send funds overseas to use the likes of oanda etc.

Appreciate any feedback
    I just started using the free demo account. chart software is good. they have something to do with bank of canada.

can't seem to able to connect at the moment thou?

Velocity were formerly LatitudeFX and trade micro accounts OK.
    FXCM generally seem to offer mini accounts.(I can be corrected here)

I have used Velocity (Formerly LatitudeFX) for over 2 years now. The only problem I've had is that my emails end up in their spam mail for some reason .

The advantage with them is that they let you have your account in NZD and have offices here. The other option which allows NZD and are fairly close is Go Markets http://www.gomarketsaus.com/ They look very good, and have great free education software. If I'd be happy with opening an account with either broker.

Cheers

RazorX
    "Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
    "Today is already the tomorrow which the bad economist yesterday urged us to ignore" H Hazlitt