sharetrader
Page 1570 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 57010701470152015601566156715681569157015711572157315741580 ... LastLast
Results 15,691 to 15,700 of 16077
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Mitt Romney had government experience and turned around the winter olympics .

Luxon seems to believe hes entitled to be PM just because he's rich.
    I knew a Romney, but It never pulled the wool over my eyes!

Anyway, I may donate all my money to charity, get a sex change, and stand for PM myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    I knew a Romney, but It never pulled the wool over my eyes!

Anyway, I may donate all my money to charity, get a sex change, and stand for PM myself.
    I am confused - are you saying this is what Luxon did?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I am confused - are you saying this is what Luxon did?
    Its what he needs to do, to stop anal questions from some media!

Someones net worth does not necessarily indicate how their perception of he world is or that they always gravitate to the right of the political spectrum. A good example of the was the outstanding President of the NZ Labour Party in the 1990s Michael Hirschfeld who also owned Mico-Wakefield, which he sold for $60 million in 1995

Dilettante

Its what he needs to do, to stop anal questions from some media!
    Just desperate stuff from Labour's keyboard warriors and spin doctors, that have paid their way (with our money) to hollow moutpieces such as Tova and Jenna, not to mention all the garbage on Stuff and that Spinoff crap that is so favoured by the Jacindamaniacs

Am I seeing Right, or is everything Left over?

Headline in the Herald; NP leader CL says he's not going to apologise for his success.

...Luxon also addressed those who questioned his suitability for a role on govt, due to his wealth.
    His wealth is increasing due to soaring house prices. He is effectively earning about $90,000 a week in capital gains on his seven properties, which give him the biggest property portfolio of any sitting MP.

Victoria University of Wellington Institute for Governance and Policy Studies senior associate Max Rashbrooke said the disproportionate rates of homeownership among MPs presented an obstacle to overcoming the housing crisis, and inequality generally.

“Neither party, nor party leader, are immune from the criticism that they benefit as much as all homeowners from the current [housing] situation, at the expense of renters,” said economic commentator Bernard Hickey.
    Hickey noted that Luxon had theoretically earned even more this year from housing than the $4.2m he earned in his last year as chief executive of Air New Zealand.

Luxon said his property ownership was his own “personal affairs” and was not contributing to the housing crisis. But it’s hard to separate the property portfolios of Luxon and Willis from their position on housing.
    As the national average house price surpasses $1m, political leaders have refused to back a drop in house prices. Luxon and Willis are no different.

As someone who has both personal and political skin in the game, Luxon would not back a drop in house prices. Like other political leaders, he said they needed to stabilise.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...housing-crisis

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    His wealth is increasing due to soaring house prices. He is effectively earning about $90,000 a week in capital gains on his seven properties, which give him the biggest property portfolio of any sitting MP.

Victoria University of Wellington Institute for Governance and Policy Studies senior associate Max Rashbrooke said the disproportionate rates of homeownership among MPs presented an obstacle to overcoming the housing crisis, and inequality generally.

“Neither party, nor party leader, are immune from the criticism that they benefit as much as all homeowners from the current [housing] situation, at the expense of renters,” said economic commentator Bernard Hickey.
    Hickey noted that Luxon had theoretically earned even more this year from housing than the $4.2m he earned in his last year as chief executive of Air New Zealand.

Luxon said his property ownership was his own “personal affairs” and was not contributing to the housing crisis. But it’s hard to separate the property portfolios of Luxon and Willis from their position on housing.
    As the national average house price surpasses $1m, political leaders have refused to back a drop in house prices. Luxon and Willis are no different.

As someone who has both personal and political skin in the game, Luxon would not back a drop in house prices. Like other political leaders, he said they needed to stabilise.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...housing-crisis
    I hear the message loud & clear.

Only elect under achievers into Parliament!

Only they know what's best for the country!

Now, that explains the composition of Labour and Greens doesn't it.?

Third world bailout for the Aotearoa banana republic coming up from the UN.

I now understand Jacinda's strategy after all.

We can do this.

Too bad about any patriotism, or self respect on the international stage.
    Last edited by Getty; 03-12-2021 at 06:37 PM.

I hear the message loud & clear.

Only elect under achievers into Parliament!

Only they know what's best for the country!

Now, that explains the composition of Labour and Greens doesn't it.?

Third world bailout for the Aotearoa banana republic coming up from the UN.

I now understand Jacinda's strategy after all.

We can do this.

Too bad about any patriotism, or self respect on the international stage.
    Well done,you are leading Balance 5 to 1 on posts for the day. All mildly offensive
    ramblings of a right winger with nothing of interest to add to the conversation.

westerly

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Well done,you are leading Balance 5 to 1 on posts for the day. All mildly offensive
    ramblings of a right winger with nothing of interest to add to the conversation.

westerly
    I beg your forgiveness comrade westerly, for when the reunification camps start.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Just desperate stuff from Labour's keyboard warriors and spin doctors, that have paid their way (with our money) to hollow moutpieces such as Tova and Jenna, not to mention all the garbage on Stuff and that Spinoff crap that is so favoured by the Jacindamaniacs
    An example of NZ’s leftist media in action - driving a young tryer to suicide. The tall poppy syndrome is alive & well in Cindy’s kind world of feeding the leftist media.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ide-Kenya.html

They prefer the Clueless Cindy’s spin and generous $70m media handout, than give the tryers encouragement & an opportunity to be successful.
    Last edited by Balance; 03-12-2021 at 08:45 PM.