sharetrader
Page 5 of 1608 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Actually MVT ... This thread was about my fellow Kiwis. Not about who would win. I was critical of their thought processes leading into the election. I see the outcome as an indictment on Kiwis' grasp of economics and fair play. I remain extremely dissapointed.
    I agree with your thoughts here Belge. By not replying, UU confirms what I suspected about the bigger accountancy firms, it's often all about tax. No matter what policies are in place, business owners will look after themselves to a large extent, they don't need a National govt to help with that. They just know there'll be a few extra perks if National are in. But these perks may not point in a good direction for the country as a whole, and that's why we're disappointed.

I see the Labour leadership race has awakened interest in the political process. Like a business starting out with a listing on the NZX, we'll need nothing but good stories from them for the next three years. That will be the job of the new leader. My vote would go with David Shearer.

Note FP, I refrained from mentioning you-know-what..
    Last edited by elZorro; 08-12-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Look at the scoreboard! Look at the scoreboard!

"Note FP, I refrained from mentioning you-know-what.. "

You don't mean....not the....EPSOM TEA PARTY???!!!!
    Last edited by Major von Tempsky; 08-12-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I agree with your thoughts here Belge. By not replying, UU confirms what I suspected about the bigger accountancy firms, it's often all about tax. No matter what policies are in place, business owners will look after themselves to a large extent, they don't need a National govt to help with that. They just know there'll be a few extra perks if National are in. But these perks may not point in a good direction for the country as a whole, and that's why we're disappointed.

I see the Labour leadership race has awakened interest in the political process. Like a business starting out with a listing on the NZX, we'll need nothing but good stories from them for the next three years. That will be the job of the new leader. My vote would go with David Shearer.

Note FP, I refrained from mentioning you-know-what..
    David Shearer will do a lot less harm to Labour than Cunliffe, who is widely disliked by the public, but that's all that can be said for Shearer. Good bloke but no fire.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Should be perfect then! Just like Key.
    Key's got plenty of get up and go. That's why he spends all day doing stuff he doesn't have to.

KEY is all Bullsh*t & no substance
    Possum The Cat

Guru

Well he still the best choice of anyone available no matter what you think of him.

777 that is your opinion. Others do not agree
    Possum The Cat

Can't think why you say Key has no fire. He fires aplenty - withering looks of disdain at any who disagree with him.

And agree he's got plenty of get up and go, any time there's a camera nearby.

The best choice available? More like the best of a bad offering, and probably only because of the hundreds of photo opportunities he wrangles. "Mr Popularity" "oh, I know who that is"

And to think we've got one of his little lads in our town, who emulates his master to a t. Back by default.
    Last edited by karen1; 09-12-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Legend

I guess all is not lost, if there are a few about who don't religiously vote National (or worse, ACT).

Guru

With the press following his every move how the hell does he keep away from the camera? Helen had to put up with the same thing. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Winston has appeared more times than John Key since the election

And elZorro are there not a lot who religiously vote Labour(or worse,Greens). Sort of balances things out don't you think.