sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Fungus
    Drove through the Octagon today. So far no gatherings of peasants with pitchforks .But then again...you never know.
    Why would there be? This town is a Labour fortress. They even elect the likes old Brian MacDonnel, Bill Fraser and Clare Curren to name a few. Dreadful politicians, but dress thm in red and they'll win a Dunedin seat everytime. The locals rejoice while they're being screwed to death.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Why would there be? This town is a Labour fortress. They even elect the likes old Brian MacDonnel, Bill Fraser and Clare Curren to name a few. Dreadful politicians, but dress thm in red and they'll win a Dunedin seat everytime. The locals rejoice while they're being screwed to death.
    My late father was a small business owner who also had a large rental property, He had a very high regard for Brian McDonnell who was very helpful to him particularly navigating the bureaucracy of the ( Keith Holyoake) time

Permanent Newbie

Misery Loves Company. It is nice to know you are not alone.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...lection-result

It is even funnier if you view the actual "Mikes Minute" quite frankly, a mess.
    http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/m...trouble-ahead/

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Misery Loves Company. It is nice to know you are not alone.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...lection-result

It is even funnier if you view the actual "Mikes Minute" quite frankly, a mess.
    http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/m...trouble-ahead/
    Well, he has a point, hasn't he?

Quite funny to hear James Shaw this morning praising the agreement - and only seconds later admitting that he had no clue what's in it (when asked for the agreements re immigration). Winston loves incompetent partners - much easier to take for a ride ...

Incompetence has a name ... this is your next NZ Government!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    And the point was?

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    And the point was?
    You mean you didn't get it? Just read the header for the link ...
    ----

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Quite funny to hear James Shaw this morning praising the agreement - and only seconds later admitting that he had no clue what's in it (when asked for the agreements re immigration). Winston loves incompetent partners - much easier to take for a ride ...

Incompetence has a name ... this is your next NZ Government!
    I actually wanted NZ First to go with National for reasons Winston outlined in his speech. Is it a character flaw that I am enjoying some peoples reaction to Labour's victory on this site. I thinks it is call schadenfreude. Mike Hosking is a classic and Jeremy Wells nailed it with his impersonation.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    My late father was a small business owner who also had a large rental property, He had a very high regard for Brian McDonnell who was very helpful to him particularly navigating the bureaucracy of the ( Keith Holyoake) time
    I could say without fear of contradiction that there would be not one human being other than your father, who thought who MacDonnell was anymore than a complete waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I actually wanted NZ First to go with National for reasons Winston outlined in his speech. Is it a character flaw that I am enjoying some peoples reaction to Labour's victory on this site. I thinks it is call schadenfreude. Mike Hosking is a classic and Jeremy Wells nailed it with his impersonation.
    Nothing wrong with "schadenfreude" (rejoicing about somebody else's damage, mishap or misery) in this situation. I guess we all will have to suffer and pay for the misery - so what's wrong with at least a bit of joy? I am sure the political situation over the next 1 to 2 years (well, until the next election) will be very entertaining and interesting. I am looking forward to that as well.

Personally - while not happy about this government do I think it will do (given the election result) long term the smaller damage to this country than the combination W1st - National would have done.

Latter would have politically killed off National and NZ First for the next decade or so. This way he is killing off Labour, Green and NZ First.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I could say without fear of contradiction that there would be not one human being other than your father, who thought who MacDonnell was anymore than a complete waste of space.
    Well he was re-elected 7 times, so he must have been doing something right. If I recall he was also a conservative Roman Catholic who was highly regarded amongst Catholic voters. Just like Bill English
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 20-10-2017 at 04:08 PM.