sharetrader
    Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    We do have a great country.. But there's a huge price to pay for devaluing the currency - called inflation. We are not an exporting country, we are a trading country and lower currency raises the price of most things. Expect big demands for wage increases.
    Thinking about it FP glad to see you are concerned about inflation sadly your concern may be too late. If I read correctly house prices have been inflating by close to 10% per annum for a number of years now, also the lower yields offered by sharemarket investments would indicate quite strong inflation in share prices as well. Or are you only concerned about wage inflation not asset prices?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Well he was re-elected 7 times, so he must have been doing something right. If I recall he was also a conservative Roman Catholic who was highly regarded amongst Catholic voters. Just like Bill English
    He never did a thing. Sat in parliament for 20 years and said nothing - did nothing. Don't know about the Catholic thing , but this is a scottish-presbyterian town full of voters who would never consider anything but labour.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Thinking about it FP glad to see you are concerned about inflation sadly your concern may be too late. If I read correctly house prices have been inflating by close to 10% per annum for a number of years now, also the lower yields offered by sharemarket investments would indicate quite strong inflation in share prices as well. Or are you only concerned about wage inflation not asset prices?
    Hlouse prices have beedn rising world wide, but now slowing. NZ will have a higher than normal inflation rate beccuse of Peters' 1960's mentality - which he'll ram down Robertson's throat. Mandated wage increases will set off price rises - always does. Remember the 60s?

Mandated wage increases will set off price rises - always does. Remember the 60s?
    To be fair National got that ball rolling with the Pay Equity deal. A pay rise with no expectation of an increase in productivity. Go figure!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I am here timmeee. But you can’t post the way you did and not expect a reaction.
    I never got personal though and by the way my team won!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Odd don’t you think when the losers win?

However ,you are welcome to Winston.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    No your team didn't win, you were just handed a get out of jail card from a Narcissist, who doesn't give a toss about your team just the long term survival of NZ First. Let the chaos begin.
    Last edited by couta1; 21-10-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Let the chaos begin.
    Don't be so negative. They're bound to last a good six months.

Permanent Newbie

Hlouse prices have beedn rising world wide, but now slowing. NZ will have a higher than normal inflation rate beccuse of Peters' 1960's mentality - which he'll ram down Robertson's throat. Mandated wage increases will set off price rises - always does. Remember the 60s?
    So that's a "yes" then.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    So that's a "yes" then.
    Whatever you mean , it's not a yes or a no. It was a comment.