sharetrader
Page 988 of 988 FirstFirst ... 488888938978984985986987988
Results 14,806 to 14,816 of 14816
  1. #14806
    Guru minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    3,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Mandated wage increases will set off price rises - always does. Remember the 60s?
    To be fair National got that ball rolling with the Pay Equity deal. A pay rise with no expectation of an increase in productivity. Go figure!

  2. #14807
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Masterton, , NZ.
    Posts
    1,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I am here timmeee. But you can’t post the way you did and not expect a reaction.
    I never got personal though and by the way my team won!

  3. #14808
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I never got personal though and by the way my team won!
    Odd don’t you think when the losers win?

    However ,you are welcome to Winston.

  4. #14809
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I never got personal though and by the way my team won!
    No your team didn't win, you were just handed a get out of jail card from a Narcissist, who doesn't give a toss about your team just the long term survival of NZ First. Let the chaos begin.
    Last edited by couta1; 21-10-2017 at 07:47 AM.

  5. #14810
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Let the chaos begin.
    Don't be so negative. They're bound to last a good six months.

  6. #14811
    Permanent Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Hlouse prices have beedn rising world wide, but now slowing. NZ will have a higher than normal inflation rate beccuse of Peters' 1960's mentality - which he'll ram down Robertson's throat. Mandated wage increases will set off price rises - always does. Remember the 60s?
    So that's a "yes" then.

  7. #14812
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    So that's a "yes" then.
    Whatever you mean , it's not a yes or a no. It was a comment.

  8. #14813
    Guru minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    3,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Hlouse prices have beedn rising world wide, but now slowing. NZ will have a higher than normal inflation rate beccuse of Peters' 1960's mentality - which he'll ram down Robertson's throat. Mandated wage increases will set off price rises - always does. Remember the 60s?
    There is a problem ahead with house prices. Labour is committed to flooding the market with affordable housing. If they succeed then economics 101 will apply and we will see supply start to exceed demand and that will see a drop in house prices. Yet Labour / NZ First / Greens seem intent on pushing people into costly and potentially depreciating assets. Add in potential increases in interest rates this push into housing appear to be a fast train to poverty for some.

  9. #14814
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    There is a problem ahead with house prices. Labour is committed to flooding the market with affordable housing. If they succeed then economics 101 will apply and we will see supply start to exceed demand and that will see a drop in house prices. Yet Labour / NZ First / Greens seem intent on pushing people into costly and potentially depreciating assets. Add in potential increases in interest rates this push into housing appear to be a fast train to poverty for some.
    It's beyond me when talk turns to building affordable housing. Just build houses. Plenty of establised, second time buyers will purchase and free up older homes quite suited to first home buyers. and the less affluent. I doubt if many posters here started out in an 'affordable' brand new house.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 21-10-2017 at 12:02 PM.

  10. #14815
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Anyone else think the majority of NZ first supporters, after actual NZ first supporters, were national supporter? I voted National Candidate and NZ first party, coz someone needed to reign in the land sales and lower immigration. I also think National could have gained a lot more support if bill english U turned on Keys ideas they shouldnt go into pike river. Oh well, nationals out - such is arrogance. Gotta hear the voice of the people i guess.

  11. #14816
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    It's beyond me when talk turns to building affordable housing. Just build houses. Plenty of establised, second time buyers will purchase and free up older homes quite suited to first home buyers. and the less affluent. I doubt if many posters here started out in an 'affordable' brand new house.
    No foreign ownership of land or houses, Cull immigration back to 1990 levels = Correction in housing market,

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •