sharetrader
    Advanced Member

The previous Labour leaders were IMO all competent from a policy point of view. Politics is a tough gig though. Ms Ardern is doing well so far, but she will need to show continued policy leadership to retain Labour's poll bounce until the election.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    What in earth has her demise got to do with the media? Surely they do no more than report the daily news. You're losing it eZ. Have a kit Kat.
    Are you that naive? I'm not talking about 'fake' media but media decide what becomes important. If they don't report it it didn't happen for most people.
    Sure there are many sources but most still get from the mainstream media.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Me think's "Elzorro" labour lead Gov will finally come true //// along with NZF/GN ....oh god help NZ .......
    Primary industries will certainly pay but at the same time the NZD will drop like a stone >> might well be the catalyst for NZ property Bust from Higher loan rates and attack on landlords
    Why do those on the right always predict economic doom and gloom from a left govt? Labour left the country, after 9 years, with more money and less debt then the right have now. There were less people who felt left out of the supposed boom we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    As far as I'm aware she has no experience of management. I wouldn't want her in charge in an international crisis, let alone the hurly burly of national politics.
    Shonkey was a gambler but that's OK. You have no idea really.

Advanced Member

John Key may have been a gambler but some of us are good at that sort of thing. Right now I'm sitting in a nice hotel in Singapore (here for their National Day Celebrations and to catch a cruise ship) and I can pay for this from my "gambling" on the market. Labour will try to gamble with my money to retain popularity and continue to live the good life off my pocket as all politicians do.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Labour will try to gamble with my money to retain popularity and continue to live the good life off my pocket as all politicians do.
    And National isn't? Open your eyes man.
    How many new bridges were Northland promised? Some they said they didn't need.
    A long time saying that there wasn't a problam in Auckland and suddenly there is and they have the answer.
    Good lord man - what world do you live in?

I don't really have a side so don't suffer a lot of 'confirmation bias'.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    It took you a whole day to come up with this response? Looks pretty desperate to me .

The two MP's leaving the Greenies belong both to the founders of the Green party at a time when the party still had principles and was concerned about the environment. Kennedy Graham was the MP who managed to achieve across party consensus on climate change in NZ parliament. No mean feat.

I guess what's left is a bunch of hypocrites without principles and happy to not just condoning benefit fraud, but even prepared to use that very act as election stunt. Pretty sad that a party calling itself "Green" is more concerned about covering their own ar..s than standing for the good of the country including supporting lawful behaviour.

I can see westerly, why you would want to support the so called "green" benefit fraud party (desperation is a good word) - but if you think that Turia proudly boasting about breaking the law will bring you the long desired victory of the extreme Left, than I think you underestimate the majority of the New Zealand voters.

Time will tell. It is certainly an interesting campaign, but I think that most people will prefer to end up with a boring, reliable and competent National led government instead of having to live for the next 3 years in "interesting times", though admittedly - highly unlikely a Mana / Green / Labour / Winston First coalition would hold that long.

Ah yes - and just another question - didn't Jacinda exclude anyway to work together with Winston? Where would you see the numbers for the Left anyway? Is this the sweet scent of delusion in the air?
    LOL BP, Some of us do other things besides look at a computer all day. Not sure why you associate me with the extreme left. The only party
    I absolutely have no time for is ACT a bunch of neo liberalists wanting a survival of the fittest economy.
    National , Labour and the Green parties and even NZ First. all have policies that appeal, but not all of them.
    Makes voting difficult.

westerly

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    John Key may have been a gambler but some of us are good at that sort of thing. Right now I'm sitting in a nice hotel in Singapore (here for their National Day Celebrations and to catch a cruise ship) and I can pay for this from my "gambling" on the market. Labour will try to gamble with my money to retain popularity and continue to live the good life off my pocket as all politicians do.
    Haha thats funny, I am the same, was here last night for the celebrations and here today before flying back to NZ on Friday. Did you see the paratropper display? That was pretty impressive.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    And National isn't? Open your eyes man.
    How many new bridges were Northland promised? Some they said they didn't need.
    A long time saying that there wasn't a problam in Auckland and suddenly there is and they have the answer.
    Good lord man - what world do you live in?

I don't really have a side so don't suffer a lot of 'confirmation bias'.
    Learn how to read Dobbi 41 My post included the words "as all politicians do" You may not suffer from confirmation bias but you are pointedly one eyed.

Guru

El Zorro will be happy...

Labour have climed 3 points to a 15% chance to win the election and National are at 83%

https://www.predictit.org/Market/263...neral-election

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    El Zorro will be happy...

Labour have climed 3 points to a 15% chance to win the election and National are at 83%

https://www.predictit.org/Market/263...neral-election
    Yes, but there has been no trading on that for a day or so, from after the latest poll came out. Maybe I should sign up and make some easy money Blackcap? If I'm allowed, of course. The new rules look more stringent this time. You're only allowed one account and the use has to be private, not on behalf of anyone else, or political party. So they say, not sure how they could check up on that.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    The only party I absolutely have no time for is ACT a bunch of neo liberalists wanting a survival of the fittest economy.

westerly
    That's an interesting comment. Which of Act's policies make you think they have a 'survival of the fittest' philosophy or mentality?