sharetrader
    IMO

Education trafficking
    Slave labour in the fruit growing industries
    Exploiting workers
    Headline news on national radio today .
    No wonder NZ is on the Global Slave labour list.

So, how much water cabbages should get is a matter of national importance? Pull the other leg.

What struck me on Facebook was I accidentally came across a turgid patch where a whole swarm of lefties were pitching into Paula Bennett and any other National politician they could think of in the vilest possible personal terms and I thought immediately of Saint Jacinda's injunction to Kelvin Davis to lay-off the teenage personal insults to Bill English and thought, The Message Hasn't Got Through. I merely commented "Sad" and passed on to a different area of Facebook.

I thought it was a rather good message from Jacinda Ardern and applauded at the time and I must say National Party personal attacks on Labour Party MPs have been very few and far between and quite gentlemanly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Education trafficking
    Slave labour in the fruit growing industries
    Exploiting workers
    Headline news on national radio today .
    No wonder NZ is on the Global Slave labour list.
    C'mon Joshua

Even if Jacinda performs a miracle and Labour govern will these things change?

Doubt it
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    So, how much water cabbages should get is a matter of national importance? Pull the other leg.

What struck me on Facebook was I accidentally came across a turgid patch where a whole swarm of lefties were pitching into Paula Bennett and any other National politician they could think of in the vilest possible personal terms and I thought immediately of Saint Jacinda's injunction to Kelvin Davis to lay-off the teenage personal insults to Bill English and thought, The Message Hasn't Got Through. I merely commented "Sad" and passed on to a different area of Facebook.

I thought it was a rather good message from Jacinda Ardern and applauded at the time and I must say National Party personal attacks on Labour Party MPs have been very few and far between and quite gentlemanly.
    And what a bunch of nutters say on FB is Jacinda's fault, or something she can do anything about?
    Nutter and vile people abound all over - I think it would be a bit much to suggest that they reside on the so called left only!

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    C'mon Joshua

Even if Jacinda performs a miracle and Labour govern will these things change?

Doubt it
    No time for doubting and hope in my life w69, both wasted energy and confusing losing tactics.
    Thats another reason i like the input of the new and fresh and a little more idealistic; with an assertive lets do this. National like many parties that stay in too long are corrupted in that they are stale , will do anything to stay there at voters expense. A new broom is what we need as a country for all NZ'ers.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    No time for doubting and hope in my life w69, both wasted energy and confusing losing tactics.
    Thats another reason i like the input of the new and fresh and a little more idealistic; with an assertive lets do this. National like many parties that stay in too long are corrupted in that they are stale , will do anything to stay there at voters expense. A new broom is what we need as a country for all NZ'ers.
    W69 is keen on a more radical change of some kind, so I think you're preaching to the converted. He's already sent some money to Labour head office. That's a giant hint, W69 is keen on a change at least. Voting Labour or Green Party is the safest way to achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    W69 is keen on a more radical change of some kind, so I think you're preaching to the converted. He's already sent some money to Labour head office. That's a giant hint, W69 is keen on a change at least. Voting Labour or Green Party is the safest way to achieve that.
    A JACINDA 17 tee shirt might swing it but Andrew doesn't seem keen on the idea

JACINDA 17 better than LET'S DO THIS which is rather corny ......has that DIY feel to it like that Mitre 10 equivalent in the USA uses.

A mate in the UK is sending me a Jeremy Corbyn tee - CORBYN / JUST DO IT wrapped around the Nike tick .....now that's a real political tee to growth my KEVIN 07 one.

Labour need to build their campaign around Jacinda ifbheybwantbto win .....get punters in love with her is the trick. A serious campaign on policies won't hack it (credibility if u get what I mean)

PS - Gareth gets some of my cash as well .....even became a member early on to help him get the necessary minimum to become a party.
    Last edited by winner69; 14-08-2017 at 07:26 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A JACINDA 17 tee shirt might swing it but Andrew doesn't seem keen on the idea

JACINDA 17 better than LET'S DO THIS which is rather corny ......has that DIY feel to it like that Mitre 10 equivalent in the USA uses.

A mate in the UK is sending me a Jeremy Corbyn tee - CORBYN / JUST DO IT wrapped around the Nike tick .....now that's a real political tee to growth my KEVIN 07 one.

Labour need to build their campaign around Jacinda ifbheybwantbto win .....get punters in love with her is the trick. A serious campaign on policies won't hack it (credibility if u get what I mean)

PS - Gareth gets some of my cash as well .....even became a member early on to help him get the necessary minimum to become a party.
    I'm pretty sure Labour will form a coalition OK - from what I've seen of Jacinda in action on TV, the voters will be super impressed in the election debates. She's been getting ready for this for 20 years.

Look at the current shambles in this govt department, working with National's spiteful rules.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ithout-warning

IMO

And done it to 5000, inhuman. This is the sort of thing they do. Big shake up review , changes coming soon.

Legend

Wait for the big hue and cry from Federated Farmers about Labour's small proposed tax on water use for irrigators etc. Funding needed to clean up waterways.

At the same time, in the Waikato, home to the biggest number of dairy cows, the district council is calling on more famers each year, and finding 23% of them are fully compliant in their dairy effluent treatment, to local body standards. Many others have ponds big enough, but can't prove they are sealed. Others have ponds too small to contain rainstorm conditions. It's expensive to change this, and the council gives them time to do it.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...15+August+2017

10% of these dairy farmers visited, were clearly too far outside the specs.

Don't forget, dairy effluent is just a small part of the total effluent left on a farm. The rest are point sources spread through every paddock and race, and none of this can be controlled at all. Riparian strips can keep some of it out of waterways nearby, but in many cases the Waikato ground is porous, so there's no escaping the main fact.

More cows lead to more waterways damage under current systems, unless farmers can find a way to contain all effluent or neutralise it on their farms. Maybe barns aren't so bad after all.

Water quality is going to play a part in the elections, and I respect the idea of user-pays. If I had an operation that impacted on the environment, I'd be happy to pay towards my share of that.