sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Crazy petulant over reaction from Bishop her style would fit nicely among Bennett, Tolley and co!
    Is she your sister. It was "petulant" that gave you away.

Legend

Three years after "Dirty Politics", were are the players?

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/10...-are-they-now/

Nicky Hager gives his thoughts on the fallout from his book "Dirty Politics" three years out.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/16...hree-years-on/

I think he forgot about the impact on iPredict: he showed National's attack bloggers were using this site heavily, were effectively in control of it, and eventually social media and forum threads like that posted on here, combined to raise awareness amongst Victoria Uni students who were doing unpaid work on it.

http://salient.org.nz/2014/09/ipredict-or-ipromote/

The site was folded up, and a new govt rule about transparency was the excuse, not the reason.

From what I can see, no NZers are allowed on the new site PredictIt, which targets the USA elections and uses most of the previous coding. There is no money going into our election options, which means it can't be a useful predictor anymore.

Best we look at our own NZ polls instead. Will be watching for the TV1 poll tonight.
    Last edited by elZorro; 17-08-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Three years after "Dirty Politics", were are the players?

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/10...-are-they-now/

Nicky Hager gives his thoughts on the fallout from his book "Dirty Politics" three years out.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/16...hree-years-on/

I think he forgot about the impact on iPredict: he showed National's attack bloggers were using this site heavily, were effectively in control of it, and eventually social media and forum threads like that posted on here, combined to raise awareness amongst Victoria Uni students who were doing unpaid work on it.

http://salient.org.nz/2014/09/ipredict-or-ipromote/

The site was folded up, and a new govt rule about transparency was the excuse, not the reason.

From what I can see, no NZers are allowed on the new site PredictIt, which targets the USA elections and uses most of the previous coding. There is no money going into our election options, which means it can't be a useful predictor anymore.

Best we look at our own NZ polls instead. Will be watching for the TV1 poll tonight.
    Quite right eZ. I expect you will explode with excitement with tonight's result. There'll be bits of fox spread from Nth. Cape to Bluff.

OMG - apparently Labour insiders are wetting themselves with delight they can't keep their mouths shut - tonites poll NAT 41 LAB 38

But excitement can lead to exaggeration eh so probably 44 to 36

Greens even worse than last time.
    Last edited by winner69; 17-08-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

I wouldn't be surprised, there's a different voter mood, helped along by the media. They're mostly on Labour's side now, not National's.

Got home early to see it all happen on TV1.

I wouldn't be surprised, there's a different voter mood, helped along by the media. They're mostly on Labour's side now, not National's.

Greens a goners they say

A vote for the Greens may become a vote for National if they end up less 5%
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Greens support has left the party if we're to believe the poll. So it's about right that that Party should not be allowed to discuss poverty when fraud was the one brought up to be discussed instead.
    My party vote is still looking for a spot to park

Legend

Now you might believe what almost everyone has tried to tell you. That is you were never going to get anywhere with plonkers like Cunliffe or Little at the helm. At long last Labour have entered the race.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    OMG - apparently Labour insiders are wetting themselves with delight they can't keep their mouths shut - tonites poll NAT 41 LAB 38

But excitement can lead to exaggeration eh so probably 44 to 36

Greens even worse than last time.
    44%Nats, 37%Labour, 10%NZF, and 4% Green. I'm really sorry to see that Green poll result, it means there are not a lot of sticky votes there. But I'm also sure they'll get back over 5% quite easily. Probably more like 10%.

Note that a Labour/NZF coalition would trounce National, even now. We've just had a few minutes of valuable exposure on the news, and it'll be repeated at 10.30 or so. Bill's looking pretty dull out there.

Many swing voters are thinking: National's had a good run, maybe it would be interesting to see how Labour do with their new policies. And, Labour have a statesperson at last, fair enough FP.

Legend

44%Nats, 37%Labour, 10%NZF, and 4% Green. I'm really sorry to see that Green poll result, it means there are not a lot of sticky votes there. But I'm also sure they'll get back over 5% quite easily. Probably more like 10%.

Note that a Labour/NZF coalition would trounce National, even now. We've just had a few minutes of valuable exposure on the news, and it'll be repeated at 10.30 or so. Bill's looking pretty dull out there.

Many swing voters are thinking: National's had a good run, maybe it would be interesting to see how Labour do with their new policies. And, Labour have a statesperson at last, fair enough FP.
    Well. I'm a swinging voter, but certainly won't swing to Labour this time around. I'm not sure how Winston first @ 10% and Labour @ 37% trounce National - but then again maths was never my strongest point. That is my good looks.