sharetrader
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No manna from heaven for Jacinda

She's just sent me another email pleading for more cash - as if the first impulse $100 wasn't enough

Not even a confirmed Labour voter yet but she nearly got me hooked with this bit -

........the time has also come for leadership in New Zealand – just like Michael Joseph Savage built the welfare state and Norman Kirk sent that frigate to Mururoa, I want to tackle the challenges we’re facing head on.
    Im in. Its amazing how complacent we have become.We have homeless people on our streets here now in our shopping centre; they are just another city feature like the new ticketless parking machines ;and most walk right past them unseeing, thinking drug addict, bludger etc. But its all happened under nationals watch along with the huge increase in in NZ, 40,000, plus all the untold numbers trying to pay rent and cover everything else as well as in my earlier example, be an aspiring teacher. We have lowered our standard as a country in people valuing, health care , housing and the cost of it, environmental etc. And Bill comes out and promising 10 new roads/highways as if that will fix everything and i remember 10 new bridges last time and guess what ;didn't happen. Tui beer co must be booming atm.
    And Bill says he is sensing NZ doesn't want change,lol

Guru

You are so blind JT. There were people on the streets during the last Labour government and they never solved the problem then and sure as hell won't be able to do anything should they get elected this time.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    You are so blind JT. There were people on the streets during the last Labour government and they never solved the problem then and sure as hell won't be able to do anything should they get elected this time.
    They certainly won't achieve much if the obnoxious Twyford is ever housing minister.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    9 years on and it has gotten worse.
    Apparently our economy is doing great - for some.

IMO

Yes its exploded but Comrade Fungus doesn't see them ; it would be offensive to his pedestal.

I remember looking down at the china toilet bowl as I peed. It said "Twyfords Civic". Don't spose it's changed much.

JT talks of a tidal wave of change? Where? How? Helen Clark was a centre field manager, Jacinda Ardern's father is something in business.

Still it's good to see the centre taking hold after several failed Labour leaders thought the solution to electoral failure was to go further left.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    I remember looking down at the china toilet bowl as I peed. It said "Twyfords Civic". Don't spose it's changed much.

JT talks of a tidal wave of change? Where? How? Helen Clark was a centre field manager, Jacinda Ardern's father is something in business.

Still it's good to see the centre taking hold after several failed Labour leaders thought the solution to electoral failure was to go further left.
    Don't for a minute think Comrade Arderne is centre left. She's further left than most of Labour.

IMO

Same old ,same old sawdust from Comrade Fungus Pudding.Bring back Muldoon and his dancing cossacks yeah great idea yeh yeah. lets have a harvey wall banger party too

Legend

Her name is Jacinda Ardern, FP. If you're going to bring up old videos, you could at least get her name right.

Jacinda announced Labour's backing of rail for Hamilton/Tauranga/Auckland yesterday. Very similar to the Green policy announced last week, there have been a lot of people in Hamilton agitating for this for some years. Longer term there may be a capacity issue on the tracks, and of course Fonterra's factory in Te Rapa is using rail presumably to the ports, maybe that wasn't the case to the same level in the past.

But if $20mill is the setup cost, that's quite small in terms of added road kms, about 2/3 of one km of highway roading.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/na...n-and-Tauranga

https://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-time...lton-commuters
    Last edited by elZorro; 22-08-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Her name is Jacinda Ardern, FP. If you're going to bring up old videos, you could at least get her name right.
    Yes. Sorry. I thought it had an e on the end; an unusual surname. My apologies to you and Comrade Ardern.