sharetrader
    IMO

Comrade comrade fungus; have you looked under your bed; might be a bogeyman there .
    Gutter politics is all i can see.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Comrade comrade fungus; have you looked under your bed; might be a bogeyman there .
    In fairness JT it was a cringeworthy effort of populist nonsense. And she did use the comrade term a nauseating amount. The timing and phrasing would suggest she has had a fair amount of media and speech writing training. She certainly knows a good sound byte which is what the media laps up.

IMO

bill has had a fair amount of media and speech training too and after all these years he is coming across worse then ever.Why? Its because he doesn't believe what he is saying and that transparency shows; what a turn off.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Yes. Sorry. I thought it had an e on the end; an unusual surname. My apologies to you and Comrade Ardern.
    No more unusual than plenty of other surnames!

John Key or is that Keys, Keay, Quay or Qué?
    Bill English or Is that Inglis?
    James Bolger or is that Bolgar, Boulger, Bulger or Bulgur?

Legend

I'm not sure shy you think a video of Comrade Ardern is gutter politics. She was simply addressing an audience in her own way.

Guru

bill has had a fair amount of media and speech training too and after all these years he is coming across worse then ever.Why? Its because he doesn't believe what he is saying and that transparency shows; what a turn off.
    I think it has more to do with that he has the charisma of a wooden post. That shouldn't detract from his ability but it does in our photo opp, sound bite driven world. People's attention spans are so short they just lap up whoever is more photogenic or loud. Can you imagine Rooseveldt being elected today? From a wheelchair?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I think it has more to do with that he has the charisma of a wooden post. That shouldn't detract from his ability but it does in our photo opp, sound bite driven world. People's attention spans are so short they just lap up whoever is more photogenic or loud. Can you imagine Rooseveldt being elected today? From a wheelchair?
    JK had no substance but people loved him.
    Proves your point.
    In the end is may be wrong but it is what it is.

Is Jacinda the new Richard Prebble ....now what was he famous for now?

At least JT will be happy - quick trip to the big smoke now
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

No comprehende w69. Didn't see her here, why put up with the chaotic, insane congestion in Auckland, no way.

Seems to have escaped EZ and JT's attention that new railway passenger ideas are doomed to failure, and the ones that have "succeeded" have done so because of high and growing rates and taxes on the ratepayers and taxpayers for ever growing subsidies.