sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Seems to have escaped EZ and JT's attention that new railway passenger ideas are doomed to failure, and the ones that have "succeeded" have done so because of high and growing rates and taxes on the ratepayers and taxpayers for ever growing subsidies.
    OK - back to congested roads then.
    Obviously no other option.

IMO

Yeah 10 new roads after the ten new bridges that never eventuated. Nats tired old solutions; lets do a big infrastructure project to make NZ a better place lol. Ghost roads and bridges?

“ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Not bad for an ad, though a bit long "foreplay". They clearly manage to create some sort of "common feel good mood" without divulging any of the cruelties they need to commit to pay for their play. Quite clever.

Just wondering, EZ - given that you always talked highly of Crosby Textor (I wouldn't know, don't know them)- are they now working for Labour ?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Just wondering, EZ - given that you always talked highly of Crosby Textor (I wouldn't know, don't know them)- are they now working for Labour ?
    LOL classic call.

Must admit the ad is pretty good. Bill really needs to up his game. Odds on National giving PM are now over 1.50 at Betfair so its tightening up quite quickly.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yeah 10 new roads after the ten new bridges that never eventuated. Nats tired old solutions; lets do a big infrastructure project to make NZ a better place lol. Ghost roads and bridges?
    I agree the 10 bridges was a nonsense call. I live in Northland and those bridges aren't hindering us at all. That said, I personally have sen surveyors working at 3 of the locations, so I presume they are preparing the engineering

Default Actually - the National election video is not bad either ...

Have a look at that: https://www.national.org.nz/together

Obviously - it is just a feel good election video as well ... but - I like the music and it looks and sounds much more professional.

EZ, maybe your party didn't pay CT enough to make Labours video ... just saying.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Great stuff , we really have a good competition on now; no sleepwalking apathetic public. I bet the turnout will be higher than it has been for a long time. was that u in the blue and yellow tie Comrade fungus pudding; smart and out on a limb.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Have a look at that: https://www.national.org.nz/together

Obviously - it is just a feel good election video as well ... but - I like the music and it looks and sounds much more professional.

EZ, maybe your party didn't pay CT enough to make Labours video ... just saying.
    Sounds like National made their own sound track up, beats copying, like last election. That court fine must be due anytime now.

Of course Labour's advert is better, they had time to improve on the Nat's July release.

https://thedailyblog.co.nz/2017/07/2...all-the-boxes/

And no, Labour won't be using Crosby-Textor because they'd never work for centre-left parties, and anyway they have a conflict of interest, they'll still be trying to keep National in power. Fat chance this time.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I agree the 10 bridges was a nonsense call. I live in Northland and those bridges aren't hindering us at all. That said, I personally have sen surveyors working at 3 of the locations, so I presume they are preparing the engineering
    Infill housing and the densely populated developments around Auckland must be starting to make light rail feasible for such potential lines as:
    1. City to the Airport
    2. Link from Panmure station to Pakuranga-Howick
    3. Howick through Flat Bush to Manukau.
    4. City to Albany

It would require dispensing with tax cuts in order to fund the infrastructure needed. However the goverrnment could also increase duty on petrol, introduce congestion charging for cars and reduce funding for roads to help pay for it. Unpopular in the short-term, so unlikely to happen - so Auckland will continue to rely on imported cars and need more and more crowded multi-lane highways.