sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Well. I'm a swinging voter, but certainly won't swing to Labour this time around. I'm not sure how Winston first @ 10% and Labour @ 37% trounce National - but then again maths was never my strongest point. That is my good looks.
    National's true poll would be 42% at the moment because the Colmar poll is always about 2% higher for them, somehow. Let's say Labour gets that, then it would be 39% to 42%, much closer. Anyway even 47% combined, beats 44%.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    National's true poll would be 42% at the moment because the Colmar poll is always about 2% higher for them, somehow. Let's say Labour gets that, then it would be 39% to 42%, much closer. Anyway even 47% combined, beats 44%.
    Except National combined with plonker Peters is 54% - I think at the moment it's anyone's guess. Will settle a bit and become more predictable over the next week or so. I certainly wouldn't be sorry tto see the greens gone.

Membaa

certainly wouldn't be sorry tto see the greens gone.
    Agree, and with it Labour as well. No way Winston would lean to the left when he can get National over the line and command any bauble he wants, maybe even PM given Bill is looking at a second and what would be terminal (for him) election defeat, if National was to stand by itself.

Winston as PM, now there's something to think about. There is an uncomfortable sense of inevitability creeping into this election and it has nothing to do with the major party's.

IMO

Except National combined with plonker Peters is 54% - I think at the moment it's anyone's guess. Will settle a bit and become more predictable over the next week or so. I certainly wouldn't be sorry tto see the greens gone.
    Greens aint going anywhere, what a horror week. They have plenty of time to get some momentum back above 5% issues as important as ever. Now that those two traitors have gone.Especially the one who tried to come back; revealed himself in all transparency.
    BTW a must see if you're even remotely int in your planet is the sequel to "The Inconvenient Truth " is nearly out (here anyway) I'm going to the fundraising nite for the greens

"those two traitors"? The only men of integrity in the Green Party.

Your judgment seems to be faulty in all directions JT, the IT truth is bombing out so heavily in all directions it will probably never get here! AG is so obviously shallow, ignorant and befuddled most of the population can see straight him! Go on JT, do it do it, you can you can. Google the IT sequel and see what reception it is getting from cinema goers! I'd love to see your face when you read it, if you dare to!

Guru

National still the hot favourite to win the election with the bookies...

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting...litics?LeftNav

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    National still the hot favourite to win the election with the bookies...

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting...litics?LeftNav
    Of course .... they have the most votes and Winston is much more likely to go with them than with the Left anyway.

What does surprise me, though is that they rate the Greens more likely to provide the future PM (1/51) than NZ FIRST (1/67). I guess both odds don't really look material, but I would have thought that Winston might have a slim chance, while Shaw ... really - who would want to see him as Co-PM?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    "those two traitors"? The only men of integrity in the Green Party.

Your judgment seems to be faulty in all directions JT, the IT truth is bombing out so heavily in all directions it will probably never get here! AG is so obviously shallow, ignorant and befuddled most of the population can see straight him! Go on JT, do it do it, you can you can. Google the IT sequel and see what reception it is getting from cinema goers! I'd love to see your face when you read it, if you dare to!
    They have lost all integrity imo. The worlds environmental problems are more urgent then ever and they get off the bus ! Sanctimonious , selfish ,and lost.

The first Inconvenient truth was a shock to me seeing what is happening to the world; it was a catalyst since backed up by science and policy changes by many of the worlds govts. We know its fact now and I'm looking forward to the followup regardless of reviews as I'm going to learn the latest science and support the fundraising for the greens.
    I had a quick look at reviews.Of the 8 that came up there was one two star and all the rest were 3 or 4 stars and favourable; remember its a doco , not an entertainment escapism piece of lightweight fluff.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 18-08-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Waffle all you like JT it's bums on seats in cinemas that counts and it just ain't happening.

IMO

I had a quick look at reviews.Of the 8 that came up there was one two star and all the rest were 3 or 4 stars and favourable; remember its a doco , not an entertainment escapism piece of lightweight fluff.