sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Her and I saw the section on Winnie last night on news or whatever and decided to give NZF or party vote. We may change but anything to keep the Greens out.
    Not sure whether a vote for Winnie is a good strategy to keep the Greenies out of government. Vote National or ACT - Winnie is too unreliable and will go with whoever offers him the larger baubles of power ...

But than - I can't see any strategy which would make a vote for Winnie a good idea. If you want a Left government, than vote Labour. If you want a centre right government - vote National or ACT (if you want to support the centre).

What would a vote for Winnie give us other than an unpredictable government which will be the end of the rule of whatever party he is going with?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Her and I saw the section on Winnie last night on news or whatever and decided to give NZF or party vote. We may change but anything to keep the Greens out.
    I totally support your last statement, they concern me (The Green) with some of there promises, like giving free transport to under 19 years of age, what the good in that, it's uncool for a teenager to be seen standing at a bus stop. Not much to say on the important things like our hospital system.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    I totally support your last statement, they concern me (The Green) with some of there promises, like giving free transport to under 19 years of age, what the good in that, it's uncool for a teenager to be seen standing at a bus stop. Not much to say on the important things like our hospital system.
    Im not sure if that is a bad thing. All students in Holland have what is called an "OV". This is pretty much a "public transport card" which gives them free travel on trains, busses, trams, and subway. They can choose if its for during the week or if they want, the weekend option. Why is this such a bad thing?

Legend

No guarantee that would keep the Greens out. In fact it's almost a certainty greens would be needed with Labour and Winston first to hit 50%. Winston has shown on numerous occasions that what he says, and what he does are two entirely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Im not sure if that is a bad thing. All students in Holland have what is called an "OV". This is pretty much a "public transport card" which gives them free travel on trains, busses, trams, and subway. They can choose if its for during the week or if they want, the weekend option. Why is this such a bad thing?
    I didn't say it was a bad thing, it's not a adding value, just giving free rides for those who choose to, they aren't focused on our needs, like health, education and economy, just mention a couple.

Legend

Because it's not free. Some other poor mug is paying. Make it 'free' for those with a medical pass, but not for every teenager who can't be bothered with his skateboard.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Because it's not free. Some other poor mug is paying. Make it 'free' for those with a medical pass, but not for every teenager who can't be bothered with his skateboard.
    Give them free transport yes, but do take it from their allowance, which I think they do in Holland. So the allowance is diminished but public transport is free. Means they actually use it rather than using the extra $ for skipping class and going to the publy.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    This whole "free" business anoys me. Obviously its not free as someone has to pay and that someone is the long suffering taxpayer.

Politicians should be honest and say we are going to shift money from the haves to those we think will win us a vote with something for free.

Legend

Give them free transport yes, but do take it from their allowance, which I think they do in Holland. So the allowance is diminished but public transport is free. Means they actually use it rather than using the extra $ for skipping class and going to the publy.
    Or buying them thar funny cookies.

Can you NOT vote for Jacinda after this
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”