sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    And the Colmar Poll was more of the same, that's what happens when it's a bit more real than a Reid Research poll.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...-govern-greens

So at this stage, with 14% undecided, those who want to pick winners can be pretty safe in voting Labour or Greens.
    So will this prompt another Captain's Call reversal El Z?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes Colmar Brunton a genuine accurate poll imo.
    Nobody likes or trusts muck rakers agendas.
    But in reality you don't know.

Looks to me that it my come down to how the greens and NZ1st go - didn't believe that TV3 poll the other day.
    With the way polls overseas have "predicted" outcomes recently, who knows
    Would be a turn up if either Labour or National could govern on their own - not very likely though

Legend

An excellent panel discussion on tv tonight. Jack Tame ran it well. Hands down winner for pure logic- David Seymore

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    An excellent panel discussion on tv tonight. Jack Tame ran it well. Hands down winner for pure logic- David Seymore
    Where is ACT polling? Even TOP is beating them by about four-fold. The synopsis of the Young leaders debate on the web looks a bit basic.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    And the Colmar Poll was more of the same, that's what happens when it's a bit more real than a Reid Research poll.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...-govern-greens

So at this stage, with 14% undecided, those who want to pick winners can be pretty safe in voting Labour or Greens.
    A lot of the polling would have been conducted earlier in the week, perhaps before the effect that would have resulted from Labour's tax policy review and implementation timing reversal.

I am guessing that effect could be double edged. Some would not like a vacillating leader; others would see it as a cynical change to get more votes; yet others would see it as a sensible change to give more time to get any tax reform right.

Each polling organisation have their biases. I prefer to look at the trend from previous polls from the same company.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 15-09-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Guru

I haven't really understood all the excitment around the polls - only one matters and this is a week away.
    I don't make my decision on who to vote for based on what others might think so polls don't influence me.
    Many others are just sheep?
    Last edited by dobby41; 15-09-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I haven't really understood all the excitment around the polls - only one matters and this is a week away.
    I don't make my decision on who to vote for based on what others might think so polls don't influence me.
    May others are just sheep?
    All polls matter. People like to back a winner and so many cant think for themselves. So they need the polls to provide them with the guidance. Thats why there are undecided voters today.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    All polls matter. People like to back a winner and so many cant think for themselves. So they need the polls to provide them with the guidance. Thats why there are undecided voters today.
    Also believe it or not, a few voters understand how MMP works. Voting for marginal parties without a likely electoral seat may be a wasted vote. In the case of the greens, if they only reached 4.99% that's a hell of a lot of wasted votes. Then again because of the rounding system any vote may be a wasted vote.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Also believe it or not, a few voters understand how MMP works. Voting for marginal parties without a likely electoral seat may be a wasted vote. In the case of the greens, if they only reached 4.99% that's a hell of a lot of wasted votes. Then again because of the rounding system any vote may be a wasted vote.
    I cant believe 4.99% of the voters would support a party that sees nothing wrong with benefit fraud and electoral vote manipulation. And to think they may share government with Labour is scary.