sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Country must be in a pretty good state if people can give zillions to political parties to spin their stories
    You mean in a good state now? Back in 2005 Helen Clark's Labour raised $2.8mill to spend in the last three months of the campaign. Even then they only just beat National, who spent about $1.9mill. But before 2004, Labour gained higher votes than National with a smaller spend. National's plot hasn't changed. They now spend over $2mill in the three months. Last time Bill went for PM in 2002, National only raised $1.1mill for spending, and they got about 21% of the party vote.

One thing I do know - how we vote as a country doesn't have much to do with critiquing past results or analysing policies. If it did, Labour would have been back in power already.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    You mean in a good state now? Back in 2005 Helen Clark's Labour raised $2.8mill to spend in the last three months of the campaign. Even then they only just beat National, who spent about $1.9mill. But before 2004, Labour gained higher votes than National with a smaller spend. National's plot hasn't changed. They now spend over $2mill in the three months. Last time Bill went for PM in 2002, National only raised $1.1mill for spending, and they got about 21% of the party vote.

One thing I do know - how we vote as a country doesn't have much to do with critiquing past results or analysing policies. If it did, Labour would have been back in power already.
    Labour blew every brownie point they accumulated in their last term by paying a ridiculous price, quite unnecessarily for a train outfit, simply because National had sold it.

IMO

fp; please call the labour leader by her real name,Jacinda or Ardern or you prefer. Its a below the bar form of smearing that national has been doing. I hope you can raise the bar here and we can carry on politicking without that sort of thing .It will raise the standard here if we don't lower it like that with cheap name shots. thank you. Bill or English is acceptable to me.

Not surprising

Hope the young are just not swayed by a big smile and a bit of razzamatazz
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    fp; please call the labour leader by her real name,Jacinda or Ardern or you prefer. Its a below the bar form of smearing that national has been doing. I hope you can raise the bar here and we can carry on politicking without that sort of thing .It will raise the standard here if we don't lower it like that with cheap name shots. thank you. Bill or English is acceptable to me.
    I'm not driven by what is acceptable to you.

Legend

Not surprising

No. But they are easily bribed with education carrots.

Membaa

Not surprising

No worries, they aren't enrolling and won't be voting.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    A low standard set by you JT and has got progressively lower with each of your posts. Any respect anyone had for you I am sure has gone so your instructions to FP on how to behave will no doubt fall on deaf ears to everyone except your gang of four.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    A low standard set by you JT and has got progressively lower with each of your posts. Any respect anyone had for you I am sure has gone so your instructions to FP on how to behave will no doubt fall on deaf ears to everyone except your gang of four.
    Can I join the gang?

Discl: Closet Labour voter.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Can I join the gang?

Discl: Closet Labour voter.
    Five then since you have requested to.