sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    But it's what Taxcinda wishes for us. Utopia.
    Utopia Fungus?

Well, as a relatively high income earner who pays all his tax obligations every second Thursday in full in the knowledge that many of the rentiers seem to think they owe zero to the provision of state services.
    Yet they expect a full state response should their coronary arteries close suddenly.
    No its the inequities in the current tax system, now that is dystopian

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Utopia Fungus?

Well, as a relatively high income earner who pays all his tax obligations every second Thursday in full in the knowledge that many of the rentiers seem to think they owe zero to the provision of state services.
    Yet they expect a full state response should their coronary arteries close suddenly.
    No its the inequities in the current tax system, now that is dystopian
    I know what you mean. Certainly seems unfair that some pay only 10 to 20 % while some pay 30% or more, up to almost 33%.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Can you NOT vote for Jacinda after this
    Praise be to Allah. That's so sad - the man should expect no less!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Can you NOT vote for Jacinda after this
    The man should expect no less.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Are you guys trying to wind me up? I don't think it's that easy, and it's certainly illegal. If that person doesn't vote themselves, no-one else can do it for them. You should present the small card you got in the mail (one card one vote),
    The are like snowflakes from heaven. Had another envelope arrive from the electoral office turn up in the mail today. Poor old Gerry. Looking more and more like a List MP every day!

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I'm not driven by what is acceptable to you.
    Shame.It was an opp to improve the standard here and fight a fair fight above the bar . Calling the leader an offensive name is the norm for the national party and its acolytes. Lying and cheating , throwing mud, smearing as you are doing with an incorrect name well i have to give you full marks for consistency there; great role model for the next generation to take on board, Trump down under, National the winner by a mudslide in the behaving badly stakes anyway. I guess any way to get a result regardless is your motto fp.

Meanwhile people are dying for lack of an operation.DHB's underfunded under Nationals watch. But not to worry who cares when you've got medical insurance ehh!

Health, Environment, Poverty, Housing, Addictions etc all rundown under nationals watch. Rise up NZ we can do much better than this.Lets add values with Labour.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 18-09-2017 at 09:05 PM.

IMO

We are talking about VALUES thats one of the changes ur country wants and needs.

One heartening thing that was said to me around the country was that the conversations about values-based politics gave people hope – whether people were young or old. But these conversations also gave me hope. I saw the reservoirs of warmth and goodwill in people around the country, not yet entirely depleted by neoliberalism. I saw that such warmth and goodwill in the people that invited me into their homes to talk politics, in the people that wanted to pick me up from airports and train stations to chat about values, in the people whom I’d never met before who let me stay in their homes (with the amazing organising support of Bridget Williams Books). I was reminded in all of this that, for all the talk of anti-intellectualism in New Zealand, we have a culture willing to debate big ideas – about values, or decolonisation, or neoliberalism.
    I do not, however, want to be too starry-eyed or complacent about the task ahead of us. Our record on fossil fuel emissions, youth suicide, sexual violence, mass incarceration and a host of other issues remains shameful in Aotearoa New Zealand. As the recent leaders debates revealed, it is still difficult to talk about changing our economic model, for example by asking the wealthy to pay a bit more tax. I saw, around the country, a fair amount of anger and unhappiness about the failure of successive governments to deal with these issues.
    Our next challenge is to draw on the reservoirs of goodwill and warmth, and to harness this collective anger, in order to turn debate into action. We will have to do that because, to put it simply, debate on its own is not enough.
    Election time offers one opportunity to act – to call for parties, of whatever hue, to offer more transformative policies, and to vote with our values. I, for one, think it is time for a change of government.
    But beyond September 23, we cannot let up on putting pressure on politicians to help to create something better. In my view, that “something better” is a politics grounded in care, community, and creativity – a politics underpinned, ultimately, by love. The structures of our politics in their current form don’t accommodate how people are doing politics or want to be done. We need to change that.
    And to build that different kind of politics we need to do the “cultural work” that Vivian Hutchinson talked to me about: the self-reflection, the listening, the conversations and connections with others. It is, as Hutchinson says, about “the making of a movement”.
    My travels around the country suggest that we may have the start of that movement – in the people gathering in search of a common purpose, in the ideas beginning to take shape, in the energy developing in the spaces between us. We mustn’t let go of the momentum.
    You can go shopping with values: Max Harris on the politics of love

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    We are talking about VALUES thats one of the changes ur country wants and needs.
    Values wont feed the hungry or house those in cars.

And what's this "asking the wealthy to pay a bit more tax" We aren't going to asked - its going to be taken off us without our permission. Theft - great value!

How is it possible amy adams, minister responsible for housing and she does not know how many houses were built in aucland last year!

Jeez that Andrew Kirton is a real sourpuss

Thought that Labour was running a 'positive' campaign
    Last edited by winner69; 19-09-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”