sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    This is why things like Working For Families works so well. It lulls everyone into the idea that the money is a gift from government and makes nearly every one a beneficiary. Ignoring the simple fact it was someone elses money in the first place.
    So why did John Key( "working for families is communism by stealth") not only preserve WFF but extend it once he attained power??

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    So why did John Key( "working for families is communism by stealth") not only preserve WFF but extend it once he attained power??
    The problem with dopey policies is once they are introduced it's politically risky to unwind them. e.g. interest free loans to students.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 20-09-2017 at 08:49 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    The problem with dopey policies is once they are introduced it's politically risky to unwoind them. e.g. interest free loans to students.
    Surely if JK had integrity and the courage of his convictions he would have at least declined to extend WFF ?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Surely if JK had integrity and the courage of his convictions he would have at least declined to extend WFF ?
    Don't worry too much. He's not standing this time. I'm surprised you didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    The problem with dopey policies is once they are introduced it's politically risky to unwind them. e.g. interest free loans to students.
    And buying a train set.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    IF YOU NEED JUST ONE GOOD REASON TO VOTE LABOUR LOOK AT THE TRAGEDIES UNFOLDING IN OUR DHB'S DUE TO UNDERFUNDING

DHBs critically underfunded, say opposition parties
    Dr Lance O' Sullivan, NZ'er of The Year reckons that when he becomes Minister of health he is going to freeze DHB funding for five years. Why. Because the present model is inefficient and wasteful - probably to the tune of a few $b. He's a another person who makes good sense - probably why he's NZ of the Year.

The health system is enormous - its not hard to find a problem here and a problem there of any kind in a system so big. As sure a things as taxes - ther will alway be problems with Health not meeting expectations.

IMO

Sure ; 9 years of fiddling, inefficiencies and wastefulness and plain not caring and its a disaster.
    NO VALUES from national.If you don't have medical insurance you are disposed of. Thats it in a nutshell. Send (try to)an 85 year old man home at 11.30pm on a cold night with an hour to get home simply because they want the bed NOW.

Have an op to treat an invasive cancer, many month s later people are dying because the op never happened. Quality of life is what counts not OECD ratings. The fact that there were plenty of funds available for the DHB's but national have failed us yet again.Its criminal!

Put an ailing man in a wheelchair and leave him at a bus stop, out of sight out of mind, out of care. The man falls out of wheelchair dies two days later, no insurance NOT VALUED. Really sick. Throwing money at it won't fix it i agree but combined with efficiencies and improving relations with the people at the coal face, doctors etc , it will.

This is one reason alone national have to be eliminated as govt, many others too.

Sure ; 9 years of fiddling, inefficiencies and wastefulness and plain not caring and its a disaster.
    You referring to Labour? What did they achieve while in opposition. Perfecting the selection of a new Leader is about the only thing I can think of. (Obviously they need more than 9 years)

Put an ailing man in a wheelchair and leave him at a bus stop, out of sight out of mind, out of care. The man falls out of wheelchair dies two days later, no insurance NOT VALUED. Really sick. Throwing money at it won't fix it i agree but combined with efficiencies and improving relations with the people at the coal face, doctors etc , it will.

This is one reason alone national have to be eliminated as govt, many others too.
    Sure you an pick out a bad story - its not hard in health.

I've been very close to the health system of late and I rate it as excellent. The people I came across all stages of the system were great, the care was great, the outcomes as expected. I dont know if it was faultless - but I do know the standards were very high. They even had target measurements on noticeboards and you see all sorts of measurables for yourself.

I'd even go as far as saying I dont think you will find a world class system of healthcare across every element of health anywhere in the world. We do pretty well with a funding population of les than 4.8m

Hasn't every government since I don't know when, nearly always have increased funding for health services in each budget, and especially near an election. As MM said I think we do pretty well given our smallish population.
    That along with more police officers seems to stick out each budget, not sure where they all go, must just as many exiting thru the out door

So can't say (imho) that it is any particulars governments fault