sharetrader
    IMO

Cameron slaters blog is the lowest of the low imo, not worthy in any form of language or discussion. I know national have dragged behaviour to a new low in this country . If you are ok about this put them together and lets have race to the bottom of the barrel

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Ms Ardern said right now there is urgency for Labour that goes beyond correcting National. “I would ask voters to think about whether they can afford another three years of National.”.
    There is a better chance with them affording it with the 2018 tax schedules rather than Labours increase which will see the voters $1,000 worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    This low wage economy is a joke everyone needs a LIVING wage .
    They already have one. Its called Minimum Wage which fits well with those with minimum skill. Beyond that get paid your worth. There's also Working For Families which is a minimum living wage for those that cant afford kids and need a govt to prop them up.

IMO

Are you Bill english moonlighting as mm? Seriously because I'm sure that misinformation has come out of his mouth.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    An article this morning on stuff titled Fair pay or National Awards outlining Labour's Fair pay agreement signaling a major change in industrial relations. The problem is that just like their tax policies, we have to wait until after the election to find out the level of destruction they want to impose. Same old Labour wanting to take us back into the dark ages and screw over productive business.
    I saw an interview on the AM show yesterday with an employment lawyer/expert where she was talking about Labour's industrial relations policy that somehow has gone under the radar. Yet again the useless media has failed to do their job and are too busy going on about issues that are not important. This Labour policy simply looks quite scary at a glance but of course we have very little detail, like all their other policies, to make an informed decision on.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I saw an interview on the AM show yesterday with an employment lawyer/expert where she was talking about Labour's industrial relations policy that somehow has gone under the radar. Yet again the useless media has failed to do their job and are too busy going on about issues that are not important. This Labour policy simply looks quite scary at a glance but of course we have very little detail, like all their other policies, to make an informed decision on.
    It is a very scary policy. It will take us back to the 1970's. Except its more an enforced National Award (with no detail on how it is going to be negotiated) and will see unions (not members) empowered to strike much more easily. There are other things lurking in the background that will potentially put employers out of business - Labour has been deathly silent on that!

Whatever happens tomorrow life will just go on with the government continuing to tinker around the edges

Nothing dramatic will happen ...and we need to wait until 2020 to moan again and call for change.

Still hoping for a revolution

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Whatever happens tomorrow life will just go on with the government continuing to tinker around the edges

Nothing dramatic will happen ...and we need to wait until 2020 to moan again and call for change.

Still hoping for a revolution
    i reckon he'll go with National. They will have the largest number of seats. Labour/Greens would not suit him - too much madness in the kermit mob. I think National, Act and Winston could be good if Winston decides to be sensible. They could be a very popular govt.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This should go on the Labout thread - but to keep the trail going theri policy is
    Within the first 100 days in Government, Labour will:
    • Remove the discrimination that prevents film and television workers bargaining collectively.
    • Restore unions’ right to initiate collective bargaining in advance of employers.
    • Restore the duty on parties who are in collective bargaining, including those in multi-employer collective bargaining, to reach an agreement once bargaining has been initiated unless there is a genuine reason not to.
    • Restore the right for new workers to be employed on the same terms and conditions as provided by an existing collective agreement covering their workplace.
    • Remove the ability for employers to deduct pay from workers taking low level protest action during an industrial dispute.
    • Protect the human right to belong to a union by restoring the right for people to be visited by union representatives at their workplace to ensure their legal and collective rights are maintained and adhered to.
    • Ensure elected union workplace representatives are given reasonable time within the workplace or work unit to carry out their representative role.
    • Increase protection against discrimination based on union membership and strengthen the integrity of collective bargaining by tightening the rules on employers automatically passing on terms and conditions to non-union workers.
    • Ensure new workers have all necessary information and access to unions at the commencement of their employment.
    • Implement the changes to the Equal Pay Act as set out in the report from the Joint Working Group on Pay Equity Principles to give all women in female-dominated workforces access to collective bargaining and court processes to settle their claims.
    Within the first 12 months in Government, Labour will:
    • In conjunction with all relevant stakeholders, develop and introduce a legislative system of industry and sector collective bargaining that allows unions and employers, with the assistance of the Employment Relations Authority, to create Fair Pay Agreements that set minimum conditions, such as wages, allowances, weekend and night rates, hours of work and leave arrangements for workers across an industry based on the employment standards that apply in that industry.
    • Extend the right to organise and bargain collectively to contractors who primarily sell their labour.
    • Investigate measures that improve job security for people in precarious forms of employment (for example, labour hire, casual, seasonal, contracted or sub-contracted workers).
    • Review bargaining fee arrangements to ensure they are fair to workers, the union, and employers for the extension of collective bargaining outcomes to non-unionised workers.
    • Review multi-employer and multi-union collective bargaining arrangements to encourage their use and to support the development of Fair Pay Agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    i reckon he'll go with National. They will have the largest number of seats. Labour/Greens would not suit him - too much madness in the kermit mob. I think National, Act and Winston could be good if Winston decides to be sensible. They could be a very popular govt.
    Talk about the lesser evil ...

I agree that Winston / National / Act would be better than Winston / Labour / Green, however - it still would not be a good government. The problem is Winston - you see.

On the other hand - so far no major party survived more than one term with Winston in government. Forming a coalition with NZF seems to be a guaranteed ticket for the opposition banks comes next election.

Maybe a short painful and chaotic episode with Winston / Labour / Green followed by another long and settled period with a National / ACT government might be preferable to having now a mediocre Winston / National / ACT coalition followed by a long Labour reign.

I don't know, but against the odds am I still hoping that whatever happens, it won't be Winston calling the shots.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)