sharetrader
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    This low wage economy is a joke everyone needs a LIVING wage not a SUBSISTING wage. national thinks thats ok, "Let them eat McDonalds" We need a party that VALUES its citizens.
    You get what you pay for.

Does there need to be majority government.....or will Winston insist there has to be
    Last edited by winner69; 22-09-2017 at 10:29 AM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    You get what you pay for.
    i sure hope so Value for all.

Guru

Interesting Synopsis on the bottles water scam: (taken from Kiwiblog)

Yesterday on Morning Report ( go to http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...t-in-home-town ) when being interviewed by Guyon Espiner, Jacinda Ardern stated (just after 2 minutes 30 seconds and again at 9 minutes 20 second) that the tax would be ten times that proposed for water abstracted for irrigation. That irrigation rate is between 1 and 2 cents per tonne.

So now we know what the bottled water tax will be – between 10 and 20 cents per tonne.

This will raise negligible quantities of tax; so little in fact that it wouldn’t be worth collecting.

Here are the sums:

According to a Coriolis report for MBIE go to http://www.mbie.govt.nz/info-service...ustry-2017.pdf the exports of bottled water in 2015 were valued at $7 million and the average price per litre was $0.61, giving a sales volume of 11.47 million litres.

Supermarket sales of bottled water sales over the past year were 37 million litres. I do not have the figures for bottled water sales from other outlets such as dairies, self service dispensers and petrol stations etc, but assuming that these were half of total domestic sales, that would add another 37 million litres of bottled water sales.

Adding domestic and exported bottled water sales together gives us total sales of 85.47 million litres.

That is 85,470 tonnes of water. At between 10 and 20 cents per tonne total revenue collected would be between $8547 and $17094 per annum.

That would not even cover the cost of superannuation for one retired couple for one year. Even if my assumptions on volumes sold domestically through outlets other than supermarkets were only half actual annual sales, the revenue collected would still be negligible.

I pointed out months ago how pathetic a tax on bottled water would be, that the candle wasn’t worth the wick. It would cost more to administer it than it would raise.

But this just shows how inept they are with their policy making. Basically they are just making policy on the basis of how it sounds. A few hours, days or weeks later the policy falls to bits once experts grapple with the lack of information.

As Farrar points out this allows Labour to fund one more married pensioner couple.

So Labour’s tax on bottled water will bring in enough revenue to pay for one extra couple on superannuation!! In fact it won’t even do that as the extra public servants needed to administer the bottled water tax will cost more than the tax brings in.

It was a daft idea, and now Labour has ensured it will never fly because they are being mocked mercilessly over it.

Again this gives credence to Steve Joyce’s claims that Labour has a very deep fiscal hole and their numbers don’t make sense.

IMO

Steven Joyce has No credibility left; he has already been demoted if/when national lose; why because he is an embarrassment, a compulsive liar imo.I really believe this after what I've witnessed.

Water royalties are needed to start cleaning up the mess that national haven't had the cajones or care to fix in 9 years; we need VALUES.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 22-09-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Banned

After Helen Clark left, Labour has been a ship without a rudder until Taxcinda come along, unfortunately that rudder is far too small to steer the large derelict ship Labour has become in any sort of meaningful direction.

IMO

Ardern values human beings .They are not a commodity to dump on the scrapheap if they don't have private medical insurance, can't get a house or are in a poverty trap and or addicted to a poverty drug(P).

She also values our environment, Education ,not letting an endless number of immigrants in etc etc. National have been drifting for 9 years with no rudder , no steering wheel, no care .
    They discovered poverty last week and are throwing phantom carrots everywhere.
    They are transparent in their corrupted lust for power imo. I believe they have been corrupted by power with their continual pushing the $11 billion dollar hole still even now as proof.
    Whatever happened to honest bill?. We can do better than this.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 22-09-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Legend

After the last three years of ridiculous posts from eZ, he has been very quiet for a day or so. Is he preparing for the worst? Preparing to leave the country? Getting prepared for a further 3 years under his beloved (not) government? Emotionally adjusting to another new leader for Labour? Do not worry eZ. Your friends are here to stand by you. If National happen to walk away with the prize, nobody on this forum would be cruel enough to rub it in. Maybe.

My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilisation, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    After the last three years of ridiculous posts from eZ, he has been very quiet for a day or so. Is he preparing for the worst? Preparing to leave the country? Getting prepared for a further 3 years under his beloved (not) government? Emotionally adjusting to another new leader for Labour? Do not worry eZ. Your friends are here to stand by you. If National happen to walk away with the prize, nobody on this forum would be cruel enough to rub it in. Maybe.
    I've been busy helping remove hoardings, part of the democratic process you know. But soon I'll have plenty of time, and be allowed to make comments. I reckon the "Not National" vote will be the majority. Hoping for a big turnout on a nice sunny day.

Voting stops at 7pm.