sharetrader

I expect NZ First to drift down below 5% then it will all be a different ball game :-)

Permanent Newbie

Looks like National is not only the Chinese party but the immigration party as well.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartanntp

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Looks like National is not only the Chinese party but the immigration party as well.

Not really that suprising as these recent immigrants are largely hard working people that just want to get on with it and very likely that most of them don't want Winnie near the Government controls. Having said that, I think National should be very careful not to promise to change the new immigration law that so upsets the Indian community. I don't think arranged marriages where the woman often has no say in the decision, should be allowed in NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

And why not?

https://www.msd.govt.nz/about-msd-an...-benefits.html

Beneficiaries under Labour keep growing so who's doing the hard work in the country to feed the tens of thousands of state beneficiaries who choose NOT to work?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not really that suprising as these recent immigrants are largely hard working people that just want to get on with it and very likely that most of them don't want Winnie near the Government controls. Having said that, I think National should be very careful not to promise to change the new immigration law that so upsets the Indian community. I don't think arranged marriages where the woman often has no say in the decision, should be allowed in NZ
    That's very sexist. What about the poor **** bridegroom?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    I expect NZ First to drift down below 5% then it will all be a different ball game :-)
    Unless Mr Jones takes Northland. Kingmakers again unless Labour and Greens can form a government. Mr Peters came close in Northland in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Unless Mr Jones takes Northland. Kingmakers again unless Labour and Greens can form a government. Mr Peters came close in Northland in 2017.
    And how many billion do they have to spend there to take it legitimately right?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That's very sexist. What about the poor **** bridegroom?
    Purely based on a personal observation of this happening close to me last year where the groom had a say but the bride had no say and no choice. I thought it was awful and totally against New Zealand values.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Of course it is possible that Jacinda panics closer to the election and tries to gift Northland to Jones. Not sure how that would go down with the Greens though who surely will be demanding a lot more say should she get another term as PM than just being taken for granted like lapdogs like they have been this term. Would also say loud and clear to conservative voters that a vote for Winnie is a vote for the Greens.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    And how many billion do they have to spend there to take it legitimately right?
    That won't worry them. It's only the consolidated fund (read taxpayers) that will suffer.