sharetrader
Page 997 of 997 FirstFirst ... 497897947987993994995996997
Results 14,941 to 14,950 of 14950

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    EZ - Whose going to buy these tens of thiousands of houses?

But I suppose if the government is going to 'finance' punters into them there should be some takers, beggars can't be choosey eh.
    There is only $2 billion in the pot for this initiative, to be recycled as properties are sold. That is not a lot of dough when talking houses, even 'affordable' ones, especially if there is government money remaining in the financing. A plan is needed, open and transparent please. So far we have only 'in due course'.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bad move by government. Disappointing

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politi...-govt.amp.html

Extract
    "The National Government was no friend of conservation, but the new Labour Government has shown itself in this move, to be no friend of science, or conservation either", Mrs Rose said.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11943252

This gives a more balanced view.

westerly

An awesome cool cat

I get the feeling that Chris and Winston aren't or will never be friends

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11943985

"I have absolutely no regard for the Right Honourable Winston Peters, and have had no regard for him from the time I acted for the National Party caucus in the early 1990s, when he was removed from the caucus for disloyalty.
    "And old habits don't change very quickly, and he has made absolutely no contribution to New Zealand in my view."
    Politics is just noise - company fundamentals win out at the end of the day

Update Ready To Install

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm…
    6 national MP's(natch) rorting the system

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    6 national MP's(natch) rorting the system
    2013 article?

Legend

Dr Tim Mackle (DairyNZ) had a light treatment from Jack Tame on TV this morning. He certainly has a smiling, agreeable face. But DairyNZ is under the control of Fonterra, and I think that's where Tim Mackle came from.

I'm hoping this new govt will help bring the nation's dairy farmers around to looking much harder at water quality in our waterways. These are the people who own vast tracts of the countryside (them and the banks), running an inefficient process that turns the sun's energy into milkfat and water, that is then trucked laboriously to factories for energy-intensive processing. It's a huge industry, rivalling tourism, but has byproducts that damage waterways. The landowners are good at paying low taxes and relatively low wages, so I always wonder if that commercial effort could go somewhere else that would benefit wider NZ more.

Rachel Stewart (not a popular person with dairy farmers) is watching the latest PR efforts by Fonterra.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...+November+2017

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Dr Tim Mackle (DairyNZ) had a light treatment from Jack Tame on TV this morning. He certainly has a smiling, agreeable face. But DairyNZ is under the control of Fonterra, and I think that's where Tim Mackle came from.

I'm hoping this new govt will help bring the nation's dairy farmers around to looking much harder at water quality in our waterways. These are the people who own vast tracts of the countryside (them and the banks), running an inefficient process that turns the sun's energy into milkfat and water, that is then trucked laboriously to factories for energy-intensive processing. It's a huge industry, rivalling tourism, but has byproducts that damage waterways. The landowners are good at paying low taxes and relatively low wages, so I always wonder if that commercial effort could go somewhere else that would benefit wider NZ more.

Rachel Stewart (not a popular person with dairy farmers) is watching the latest PR efforts by Fonterra.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...+November+2017
    Wrong target Elzoro. Dairy farmers already have 96% or 24,000 km's of waterways fenced off. You need to be aiming at beef and pig farms followed by sheep and deer.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Wrong target Elzoro. Dairy farmers already have 96% or 24,000 km's of waterways fenced off. You need to be aiming at beef and pig farms followed by sheep and deer.
    A fence doesn't stop run off from mob stocked cows.

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    You didn't read the article, Minimoke.

Please Labour, Can I have GST off razor blades