sharetrader
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Political fatigue I think Craic
    Agreed :-) A bit surprised that JT and EZ have given up that easy though :-)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    For Allah's sake - don't wake them up!

Great companies are those that think long term ....short term stuff like ensuring the next profit number meets the market's expectations is not part of their make up.

I reckon jacinda's best bet is to think long term .....give Winston the fingers and let him cause carnage with National. Long term Jacinda will be a saviour and a hero.

But I think Jacinda will think short term and do all she can to become PM and stuff the consequences of doin so. Doing this will see a short term Labour government ...maybe even lead the party into oblivion.

Still waiting for a revolution though.y
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

If Labour kick WP into touch, National can do the same and still govern. Now if WP was to fail in his attempt to be king, what a sight he would make roaming around in the parliamentary gutter.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    If Labour kick WP into touch, National can do the same and still govern. Now if WP was to fail in his attempt to be king, what a sight he would make roaming around in the parliamentary gutter.
    He can make Bill king or Jacinda queen but he can't make himself king.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    He can make Bill king or Jacinda queen but he can't make himself king.
    He will pick the weaker side - gives him more influence and power. And we will see whether he can't enthrone himself. Queen Jacinda might be prepared to do anything for getting her butt onto the throne. I don't think that some temporary arrangement to swap the PM position during the term - or alternatively some sort of puppet PM-ship (a la Myanmar) has been ruled out yet.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    He will pick the weaker side - gives him more influence and power. And we will see whether he can't enthrone himself. Queen Jacinda might be prepared to do anything for getting her butt onto the throne. I don't think that some temporary arrangement to swap the PM position during the term - or alternatively some sort of puppet PM-ship (a la Myanmar) has been ruled out yet.
    Sounds like a circus with Winston the ringmaster.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    He sounds like he's picked Labour if you try and analyze his cryptic wafflings.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 01-10-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    He sounds like he's picked Labour if you try and analize his cryptic wafflings.
    I don't try to analyse his "cryptic waffles", but yes - it would make sense for him to pick Labour with their Green attachment (unless the special votes make this impossible, which is unlikely): The Left is weak, inexperienced, internally split and desperate to "change the government". Easy game for Winnie: divide and conquer!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No point. Everyone is trying to influence a decision thats not able to be influenced. Bias and agendas are all irrelevant and hot air imo. But i know bill will be doing anything to get in as he has already shown by lying repeatedly to his country; that he is prepared to stoop , divide and conquer , corrupted by power which hopefully will be his undoing.;;;laters.