sharetrader
    Legend

Corin Dann thinks we won't hear from NZ First before Monday, and considering there has been no bartering of ministerial posts (I guess that has to wait until after they've decided which side to run with, if that is the choice), there is still a lot of negotiating to do.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...eetings-begins

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Corin Dann thinks we won't hear from NZ First before Monday, and considering there has been no bartering of ministerial posts (I guess that has to wait until after they've decided which side to run with, if that is the choice), there is still a lot of negotiating to do.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...eetings-begins
    Yes we are not even close to any formation of Government. Why Winston gave that silly deadline of 12 October when everyone else said it was challenging or impossible, is beyond me. But of course he keeps himself firmly in the spotlight for another week or so which is what he thrives on.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yes we are not even close to any formation of Government. Why Winston gave that silly deadline of 12 October when everyone else said it was challenging or impossible, is beyond me. But of course he keeps himself firmly in the spotlight for another week or so which is what he thrives on.
    It was the Press who made up that October 12 date

They misunderstood Winston ...yeah right

Sort of hope both Jacinda and Bill tell Winston to take a running leap
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

They are trying to make flight bookings for the faceless Board. After the funerals they have to attend. So all good !!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

It was the press who came up with the bottom lines too. Winston said so. Says he'd never mentioned bottom lines. If it wasn't for Wiston's time proven honesty (think NO), we could be forgiven for thinking he's lost a few marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    They are trying to make flight bookings for the faceless Board. After the funerals they have to attend. So all good !!
    Must be difficult to book flights for faceless people. Is this allowed in NZ - I thought you need a photo ID?

Just hope they have a brain given their face is missing ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    It was the press who came up with the bottom lines too. Winston said so. Says he'd never mentioned bottom lines. If it wasn't for Wiston's time proven honesty (think NO), we could be forgiven for thinking he's lost a few marbles.
    there was going to be a story along those lines that was going to be published a week or so before the election but somehow it got pulled
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Must be difficult to book flights for faceless people. Is this allowed in NZ - I thought you need a photo ID?

Just hope they have a brain given their face is missing ...
    Good point. I think you can fly internally with no face, but not international. Which means they can never escape.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Must be difficult to book flights for faceless people..
    Jetstar or AirNZ will be the first of the difficult decisions to be made. They will need a few days for that alone.

Advanced Member

As a National voter in this election, I hope that Peters goes with Labour. I stand to lose or gain little or nothing from the result. But I am thoroughly jerked by the idea that a small bunch of nobodies will sit under the directions of a politician who could not even hold his own seat and will direct the future of the nation for the next three years. That Bill English has gone along with this process without rancour leaves me with the decision that I will not waste shoe leather going to the polls at the next election - if I am still alive.