sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Labour's policies are not as silly as Winston's. Actually they're not even close. Very few of winston's make much sense.
    No tax refund without a prostate exam. Fabulous idea. It came to him in a vision I expect. Would women's doctors have to certify they had a cervical smear? Maybe a mammogram. What about if the person had tax to pay? Two down below exams required?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    No tax refund without a prostate exam. Fabulous idea. It came to him in a vision I expect. Would women's doctors have to certify they had a cervical smear? Maybe a mammogram. What about if the person had tax to pay? Two down below exams required?
    Yes. Got to admit it's up there with the best of Labour's brainwaves alright. Although I thought it meant loss of govt. superannuation. You know, the universal one
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 14-10-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Winston has obviously forgotten tax originally belongs to the earner. Giving it back shouldn't come with such intrusive provisos.

I leant a new word the other day: "Intaxicaton" (see what has been done there!). The definition is "Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with". The root of this word might explain Winston's idea.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Winston has obviously forgotten tax originally belongs to the earner. Giving it back shouldn't come with such intrusive provisos.

I leant a new word the other day: "Intaxicaton" (see what has been done there!). The definition is "Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with". The root of this word might explain Winston's idea.
    So many of Winston's policies and even his bottom lines, which he's forgotten he had, don't stand up to half a minutes scrutiny. It's a credit to his charisma that he can spout so much nonsense, and still gain a fan club, cos it's not the policies that do it.

Advanced Member

Looks like every ones out-Winstoned today?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Looks like every ones out-Winstoned today?
    The Greens are ready to discuss and sign off on a deal.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/electi...ady-to-go.html

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    The Greens are ready to discuss and sign off on a deal.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/electi...ady-to-go.html
    LOL - how low can the Green bunch sink?

The Greens have to be part of a centre-left deal because Labour and NZ First don't have enough seats between them for a majority.

Despite that, they haven't taken part in the negotiations with NZ First because leader Winston Peters won't deal with them as a separate party.
    I guess if the Greenies would have traces of self respect left than they would baulk at this treatment. However - given that they are only the Left-wing attachment of Labour not able to survive without them they will rubberstamp anything which is offered.

Jacinda's doormat must have more self-respect and independence than the Green Party ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Bill didn't sound too positive about the extent of any proposal from their side (TV1 interview), it's only partly completed at the moment. What if Labour's is far further forward? What would that mean?

Guru

Update from the markets.... they have it at about 50:50 now... go figure

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

I guess if the Greenies would have traces of self respect left than they would baulk at this treatment. However - given that they are only the Left-wing attachment of Labour not able to survive without them they will rubberstamp anything which is offered.

Jacinda's doormat must have more self-respect and independence than the Green Party ...
    Not much further one would think. If they can sign off on a deal without knowing what it is about, they are indeed a pathetic bunch that noone will take seriously again. Winston is playing them for all its worth and making sure noone votes for them ever again. And then he'll probably go with National anyway !!