sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    What Winston really thinks of National. "Trying to con the public" agree with you there Winston, spot on

Winston is older and wiser now and wants to leave a legacy so I'm seeing a stable and successful partnership for 3 years; too many folks here stuck in the past.
    If he wants "stable" that would rule the Greens out and "successful" would rule out Labour.

Wheras National were successful in leading the country with stable government (How many leadership battles were there?) for 9 years and were successful in getting the most votes in 2017

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    If he wants "stable" that would rule the Greens out and "successful" would rule out Labour.

Wheras National were successful in leading the country with stable government (How many leadership battles were there?) for 9 years and were successful in getting the most votes in 2017
    Once a coalition sweeps into power (every nine years is the pattern) it's quite hard to get them out again before it's due, they hold most of the cards. National survived with a figurehead PM, he was not a statesman. They held onto many of Labour's policies and had to appear centrist, while trying hard to get in some neoliberal activities like selling off crown assets and keeping ACT alive, all the time using dirty politics to split the "Not National" vote.

The lefties have figured all that out, so this time they have to make a three-way coalition work. We're all adults aren't we?

Latest on what's happening today.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

The lefties have figured all that out, so this time they have to make a three-way coalition work. We're all adults aren't we?
    How adult are the greens if it takes 170 people to make a decision?

Advanced Member

As a National voter, mostly, I fervently hope that Peters goes with Labour. The greens will sink into the ground and the mess that will follow will guarantee another nine years of National starting in less than two years. From the look of Peters recently on tv he will need a lot of vitamins and minerals to survive.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    As a National voter, mostly, I fervently hope that Peters goes with Labour. The greens will sink into the ground and the mess that will follow will guarantee another nine years of National starting in less than two years. From the look of Peters recently on tv he will need a lot of vitamins and minerals to survive.
    He's going with Labour alright. If you interpret his cryptic ramblings as I do, he actually said as much twice last week.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    Surely in the 21st century there's a pill for electile dysfunction?
    Nothing springs to mind.

IMO

I hope he does too craic .Doomed to repeat ? I don't think so, he is much smarter than that and i believe he wants to leave a legacy. The Greens will have a chance to make a difference environmentally and they will . and the timing has never been better. Unfortunately i also believe bill going on his disgusting win at any cost politicking will offer winston Carte Blanche; bill has shown us what cloth he is cut from.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    The Greens will have a chance to make a difference environmentally and they will .
    We already kown there is absolute zero chance of them making any difference to climate change. And this is the Green Party that Winston refuses to talk to? My money is on them self-destructing.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    He's going with Labour alright. If you interpret his cryptic ramblings as I do, he actually said as much twice last week.
    True, but remember Winston's "secret" code - he normally says the opposite of what he means ... a bit like Trump.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    Surely in the 21st century there's a pill for electile dysfunction?
    Excellent point. If there is such a thing Winnie needs a bucketload.